- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At AstraZeneca we are treating Scientific Computing as a strategic asset underpinning our advances in science. Leading-edge research strategies critically depend on best in class Computing capabilities. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and independently working Scientific Computing engineer to join our global team.
AstraZeneca Science IT is building an outstanding organization at the forefront of the digital revolution in healthcare. We’re applying technologies such as AI, machine learning, software and data engineering and analytics to provide critical insights. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner in delivering life-changing medicines to our patients.
The Scientific Computing platform is AstraZeneca’s state-of-the-art computing environment to pursue todays and tomorrows in-silico challenges. It strongly focuses on a platform concept, building capabilities and services around central building blocks. At its heart it uses 3 compute environments, a classical InfiniBand/Slurm HPC cluster, an OpenStack private cloud as well as various public cloud for elasticity and scale. To exploit these resource pools most authoritatively, the SCP is deploying strong DevOps tooling and cloud native technologies. It aims to adjust and adapt according to changing requirements and follow the science.
The engineers and architects in the SCP team are key to continuously deliver and support this critical capability. We are operating the SCP as a single global team with shared responsibilities. You will be joining an agile and hardworking team of technologists who share excitement for High-Performance & Big Compute, modern technology stacks and their application in science to change the life of patients. Living and breathing technology is a key factor to enable us to keep pace with the life changing ideas of the scientists.
- Engaged in various activity stretching from daily operations and development, exciting technology exploration and strategic project delivery.
- Owning parts of the platform, drive its operational excellence, prioritise the development backlog and craft the roadmap.
- Whether your interest is more operations or development focused, classical HPC or cloud computing, in hardware or applications, our team is operating the whole stack. Everyone on the team takes responsibility for our success.
- You will become a trusted partner to our Science community, ensuring that we deliver technology on the highest standards to enable and push their work to the next level.
- Being able to translate partners needs into efficient solutions and applying engineering excellence to make science successful, will be your daily reward.
If you combine a DevOps way of working with a strong enterprise service mindset, problem solving, excitement for technology and interest in accelerating science, then you are in good company! You have hands-on experience operating, crafting or engineering large-scale computing environments, such as HPC, HTC or BC, preferably Life Sciences (e.g. Pharmaceutical Industry, BioTech) and a bachelor’s degree in Computational, Physical or Biological Science, Engineering or equivalent area. You will provide hands-on experience working in a DevOps teams and using agile methodologies and provide scientific software support for end-users: configuring, installing, tuning and maintaining such software. Furthermore, we are looking for you with experience and knowledge of:
- Configuration management (e.g. ansible, salt, puppet) and technology frameworks (e.g. easybuild) in IT operations
- Scripting and tool development for HPC & DevOps style platform operations using bash and Python
Desirable skills and Knowledge
- Operation and configuration of public cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Leading a virtualized private cloud environment (e.g. OpenStack)
- Container technology (e.g. LXD, Singularity, Kubernetes)
- Demonstrated development experience with a variety of programming languages, tools and technologies (Java/C++, Python/Ruby/Perl, SQL, AWS)
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We are collaborating with Sigma Recruit regardin this recruitment. Please contact recruitment consultant Johan Blomberg on [email protected] 0705082739 or Patrik Jensen on [email protected] 0702375734 if you want to learn more about the position. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
... AS AN EMPLOYER
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca’s three strategic science centers. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide range of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself has been designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we’ve built a series of environments where innovation can happen.