As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
5G is happening now and disclosing new opportunities every day. Are you passionate about IT, IP networks and 5G? Do you want to be an ICT Network Engineer and craft the future of the 5G Packet Core community at Ericsson in Gothenburg?
Take the challenge and join our team!
Ericsson Digital Services helps service providers prosper in the digital economy. From improving the way service providers engage with their customers to automating operations, we're helping service providers reach new levels of programmability, access and agility – levels that digital natives call home. The portfolio is focused on 5G-ready, cloud-native, automated and industrialized solutions to secure a smooth digitalization journey towards 5G.
We are looking for an ICT Network Engineer to work with development and deliveries of test environments for 4G/5G in the Packet Core domain.
The Packet Core consists of multiple Ericsson products for network elements which need to be combined and set up to work as a functioning and stable environment. They exist both in integrated versions with dedicated hardware, and as virtualized versions that run on different hypervisors such as OpenStack (CEE+RedHat), VMWare as well as a Cloud Native platform using Kubernetes. The environments are used by systems and function testers to verify and validate network functions during software development or integration activities.
The daily work includes analysis and implementation of customer requirements, building as well as changing product/system/network configurations and using system monitoring/troubleshooting tools to give best-in-class support to our users. The work is performed in teams working agile - across both organizational and geographical borders. You will report to the R&D Manager ICT Environment.
- Collaborate on support and supply of test equipment to Packet Core R&D
- Conduct improvements and automation of products and processes
- Respond to technical support queries and provide solutions to partners
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
To be successful in the role you must have
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems or Network Technology
- Several years of experience in Linux system administration, with a focus on Red Hat
- Good scripting skills and experience in Python and Bash
- Solid understanding and experience working with Ansible
- Good knowledge and working experience with Git, Gerrit and Jenkins
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of supporting services such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP and similar domain service
- Working experience with virtualization and containerization technologies such as KVM and Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Prior experience with Red Hat Satellite
- Prior experience working with Windows Active Directory
- Experience working in VMWare environments
- Experience configuring L3 network switches
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Location for this role: Göteborg, Sweden
Please send in your application as soon as possible since the process is ongoing.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.