Software Interaction Designer
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
This position is based in Uppsala, where Thermo Fisher develop, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,900 employees worldwide, and 1,000 in Sweden, we are the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
How will you make an impact?
Your main responsibility will be to align high level systematic Ux work into the look and feel of the different parts of user interface of our softwares. This means that you will work very close with both Ux experts, system engineers and software developers, merging usability and the graphical footprint into modern software products.
What will you do?
· You will be responsible for processes, tools, design and code for user interface development in our team.
· You will work very close with both Ux specialists, product management and system engineers as well as the software development team.
· You will be the lead developer for user interface development in our software team.
· You will lead other software developers in user interface development.
How will you get there?
· You are an experienced designer/developer/systems engineer used to work with complex system design.
· You have ideally worked in the life-science industry with diagnostic systems and have experience of risk management and development methodology.
· You should have experience of leading work related to development and interaction design.
· You should be comfortable working cross-functionally in a matrix environment and in a regularly changing environment.
· As a person you should be someone who takes initiatives, works in a structured and independent manner, but is also a strong communicator and team-player, as much of your work will be carried out in teams.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 23rd August. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Nina Albuquerque, Sr Recruiter Nordics, [email protected] up till 6th August. From the 10th August please contact Essi Lovén-Kujala, [email protected]
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 August 2020
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age.