- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are a team of researchers, software developers, designers and other professionals creating a digital treatment for one of the world's most common ailments: osteoarthritis. Our platform connects patients with trained physiotherapists, and gives them access to education and an individualized daily schedule of exercises. Everything we do is based on world-class science, and the effectiveness of our treatment has been validated by several peer-reviewed studies. Joint Academy fundamentally changes OA treatment by delivering an evidence-based, scalable and cost-effective online solution. On the technical side, we balance the fast pace required in a startup with continual investment in frameworks, tools and practices to keep our platform healthy in the long term.
One of our current focus areas is to transition from an MVC-style backend to a database-centric architecture (aka "thick database"). The idea is to rely on advanced and time-tested database features for authorization, data transformation and transactions rather than re-creating them in complex backend systems. As a flexible but minimal interface for clients, we serve a GraphQL API through PostGraphile.
What You'll Do
- Join a team of dedicated and skilled software professionals building a cutting-edge e-health platform
- Be a source of knowledge and expertise is questions relating to Postgres
- Measure and fine-tune SQL queries
- Configure Postgres databases to perform at their maximum capacity
We are looking for someone with a deep interest in SQL databases, data modeling, query optimization and database monitoring. As a small team, we need all members to have a solid foundation in programming and server-side systems in general. As we expand our product and reach new markets, the health of our core infrastructure, data models and business logic is a key factor in letting us move fast and keep innovating. The work you do here will be crucial for everyone in the company and all the people we serve!
- For you, SQL is not just a half-century old tool that developers are (grudgingly) forced to learn, but one of the most delightful and advanced programming languages in wide use today. You believe that business logic belongs in the database, and you're excited about the idea of spending your work days building and fine-tuning great data models
- You take pride in your work and believe that high quality code pays off both in the long and short term
- You thrive on the exchange of ideas and criticism, and can both take and give feedback in a friendly atmosphere without prestige getting in the way
- You have strong communication skills. Along with great technical solutions, you create great documentation and written guidelines
- We are open for remote work, but you have to hold a permanent Swedish work permit
- You will work with something meaningful and help to improve the life quality of our patients every day
- You will have the opportunity to work with a unique mix of people with different expertise, including leading academic scientists, medical professionals and experienced product developers
- 30 days paid vacation
- Pension and insurance package
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness contribution and workout during working hours
- Modern office in Malmö with great views of the city, only 400 meters from Malmö central station
We might fill the position before the last application day, so don't wait with sending in your application!