- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division, Expansive Worlds, are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Lead Artist for our successful title theHunter: Call of the Wild, based out of our new studio in Malmö.
Initially released in 2017, Call of the Wild has been supported with many successful DLC and content releases. Now we want to shift gears a little and focus on improving the overall experience of the game (visuals, stability, performance, UX), while continuing to provide fresh and new content to our loyal players.
As the Lead Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and the art team to keep raising the bar of realism and beauty that Call of the Wild has established and that has fascinated millions of players for the past three years. Exploring the aesthetics of nature, the wildlife, the landscape, and working together with your team to bring it to life in our game, will be your high level mandate.
On a day to day basis, you will create art assets and be the team leader that mentors and provides constructive feedback to all artists. As ambassador for the art team, you will work together with game designers, engineers, animators and also collaborate with producers in establishing work assignments, content delivery reviews, milestones, QA/testing and research.
This is a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play an instrumental and leading role in a small but senior team, making AAA quality games. If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly!
- 5+ years as an 3D Artist, including production work on at least two shipped games
- Experience working as a Lead or in other leading position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Designer, Z-brush or equivalent
- A good eye to faithfully interpret production and concept art from initial creation of assets to implementation in the final product
- Skilled in modeling both hard surface and organic forms - with an excellent understanding of topology and UVs
- Create texture and PBR shader setups
- Knowledge and understanding of human anatomy - with an eye for accurate proportions, form, and details.
- Knowledge and understanding of various natural and urban landscape designs and periods - with an eye for accurate proportions, form, composition, and details.
- Knowledge of gaming field trends and gaming design requirements and limitations
- Broad range of asset creation from realistic to stylized
- Ability to create a range of high and low poly objects such as props, buildings and organic objects(rocks, trees, etc)
- Solid understanding of lighting, VFX/particle systems, renders passes, and compositing
- Understand game design practices, game playability and actively play all studio products (in an effort to provide feedback and help ensure a quality product)
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.