- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Tetra Pak we touch millions of lives every day, ensuring better nutrition and healthier lifestyles through safe packaging and food processing solutions. Guided by our global brand promise, PROTECTS WHAT´S GOOD, we strive to make a difference by protecting food, people and our futures. To do this we need more than smart technology. We need smart people too. People like you, who wants to work with people like us.
We are looking for a Data Scientist, who will belong to the Digital Transformation Program and be part of Tetra Pak´s Data Science Team. You will participate in various projects, influence business decisions, and drive digital transformation at one of the largest consumer packaging companies in the world.
This position will be placed in Lund, Sweden.
What you will do
As Data Scientist you will:
- Participate in data science projects, be hands-on and build statistical models and determine optimal modeling approach for each business scenario
- Oversee junior data scientists
- Development, test, implement and deployment of data science solutions to solve various business issues,
- Work closely with Data Scientist Managers, Business stakeholders and subject matter experts to review expected outputs and applicability to business challenge
- Identify and take part in operationalization of valuable insights from the data into business and digital applications.
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders, product owners and team members and drive product development plans
- Drive methodological innovations into data science and digital products in the different functional areas such as services, product development, supply chain, operations optimization, and similar domains
Who you are
In this role as Data Scientist, you need to have with a good balance in these three different profiles:
- Strong coding skills in Python. Ability to write efficient code for deployment
- Experience developing deployment ready code with focus on robustness and efficient deployment
- Experience with R and C are meriting
- Experience building optimization automation for food processing industry.
- Experience in neural network techniques for time series and image analysis and natural language processing are meriting
Statistics & Mathematics: Knowledge of quantitative methods is important. From statistical inference to predictive and prescriptive modelling together with optimization skills. You have a strong algorithmic thinking and independent research ability.
- Proven skills in multi-objective optimization applied to operations.
- Experience with evolutionary computing for optimization.
- Experience with fuzzy logic for modelling of uncertainty.
- Analyse data with statistical rigor. Ensure accurate interpretation by combining business acumen with detailed data knowledge and statistical expertise. Ability for summarizing and explaining results focusing on the important information.
- Build statistical models to uncover insights or effect changes and provides solutions to business problems.
- Knowledge about common statistical models and machine learning models, i.e. understands what is going on “underneath the hood”.
Functional: Good understanding of operational processes, KPI’s and decision supporting systems. Mainly in areas like production, quality, maintenance, logistics and after-sales process (warranty). Complementary revenue management for pricing and marketing (customer insights).
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement, and communicate these findings.
- Drive efforts to enable independent interpretation of results through education, improved tools, and data visualization.
- Minimum experience of 2 years within Data Science projects
- Master or PhD in Statistics/Computer Science/Machine Learning/Operations Research or similar numerical field
- Experience working with agile/SCRUM
- Experience in food related industry and supply chain in general
- Background and experience in inventory optimization (safety stock and cycle stock) for supply chain
- Knowledge and experience about forecast unbiasing and variability reduction
- Knowledge and experience with defining and implementing automatic hedging techniques and risk minimization
- Good understanding on how PM Materials BM are connected and translated
- Experience with Tetra Pak processes and organization in general is considered a merit
As a person, you are a team player, honest and humble. You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen. You must be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses, and analytical results into actionable business and product recommendations. You have a passion for learning and innovating new methodologies at the intersection of statistics, applied math and computer science. Furthermore, you are a high-energy self-starter with passion for your work, put attention to details and have a positive attitude. Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential.
We offer you
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture that pioneers spirit of innovation where our engineering genius drives visible result
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to share our responsibility of protecting food to protecting the planet, apply through our career site jobs.tetrapak.com
This job posting expires on 2nd of February 2021.
Tetra Pak is committed to protecting its employees, customers and you, our candidates. We are working towards completing all or most of the steps in the recruitment process for this position by virtual means and further information will be provided as part of the recruitment process.
To know more about the position contact Pedro Corral at +46 46 36 1247
Questions about your application contact Brindusa Taraca at +46 46 36 4283
For trade union information contact Sveriges Ingenjörer Marie-Charlotte Jeppson at +46 46 36 6122 and Unionen Eva Thorén at +46 46 36 3304