At MatHem we’re all about convenience. We create more time for whatever people love - cooking, family time, exercise, and work. We’re dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers - from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. Working with us, you have a rare opportunity to put a positive impact on peoples’ lives. The smile on people’s faces when the groceries are handed over is priceless.
We’re highly ambitious when it comes to product development and we always try to work with modern and innovative new solutions to make MatHem the next big thing within tech. We’re very keen on automated quality assurance to be confident that every piece of the puzzle works as a system. Therefore, we’re now looking for a skilled Test Architect to partner up and help our developers at delivering high-quality code, so that we can continue developing new features to make our customer's everyday life easier!
This is why you should join us!
At MatHem we’re working with pure cloud serverless architecture and modern microservices. We develop new functions in C# or node.js on AWS Lambda, use DynamoDB table that triggers events on updates that other services can consume, and automatically deploy to our test and production environments using AWS CodePipeline. We strive to continuously nurture a curious and forward-leaning approach to software development, evaluating new technologies as well as open source. We have a “you build it, you run it” way to develop and operate our software, which includes developers to develop test automation and deploy the code to production.
You’ll be part of a creative and helpful environment with a lot of heart. Our international environment consists of skilled yet humble people, who love to share their knowledge. When you want a break, there’s probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration with the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen. We’ll believe in you and have a great openness to your thoughts and way of working, and we’ll always aim for you to be comfortable being yourself! Due to the current situation, most of us are working remotely and that applies to this position as well until things change.
As MatHem’s Test Architect, you’ll be responsible for building the infrastructure for our test environment that will be utilized by all our developers. Our aim is to have a high degree of test automation and all developers are responsible for writing the test automation.
Working together with MatHem’s agile development teams, you’ll be the key-competence for our test strategy, setting the structure, deciding what frameworks to use and how to work with different test methodologies. It’s an important function for the Development organization, paving the way and helping all teams to maintain and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace.
This is a new function in our tech organization and you’ll report directly to the Chief Engineering Officer.
Who we're looking for:
• A senior hands-on test architect with an open, lean, and pragmatic mindset
• 5+ years experience working with test automation and architecture
• Fluent in C# and AWS
• Experience in microservices and event-driven architecture
• Engineering background with experience crafting high-scalability, distributed systems in production environments, preferably in C#/NodeJS
• A bachelor degree (or higher) in a relevant field
• A passionate technical interest in test automation and code
• Someone who likes working data-driven with metrics
• You enjoy working as a team and shipping high-quality code that is easy to maintain and extend
• You’re excited to work in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, algorithms, data engineering/science, product experimentation)
• You’re are a friendly person that appreciates a healthy tech culture
• You have a Swedish work permit
...and most importantly, you enjoy developing cool products that make people’s lives easier!
At MatHem we generally use this tech stack:
• A 100% serverless microservice architecture built on AWS services including Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway and EventBridge
• Bounded and pragmatic contexts
• Managed services if no serverless (e.g Elasticsearch)
• Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation & SAM)
• Observability (Kibana & CloudWatch for logs and Datadog for dashboards, alerts, and metrics)
• Analytics (BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, GTM, and our own data from AWS)
• ML (we also use SageMaker in AWS)
Coding languages (agnostic mindset in general even though C# is the tool for this specific role)
• .NET Core
Excited about our journey? So are we!