Scania is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional truck manufacturer to a provider of complete sustainable transport solutions. IT is a crucial part of this transformation as Scania’s success is depending on flexible and efficient IT solutions that support current and future business requirements.
At Product Development IT, we are responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT solutions for R&D. The work environment is international and our employees are representing many different nationalities and countries. To this exciting and dynamic environment we are now looking for new IT-professionals, irrespective of where you live within Sweden.
If you are a Full-Stack Cloud Developer (preferably AWS) using Agile and DevOps engineering practices, then maybe this could be the right challenge for you.
Scania has always believed in delivering sustainable Transport Solutions and our team at Scania IT make sure we are part of this journey by becoming digital partners to the Scania R&D. Part of this transformation journey is to migrate applications onto Cloud, bring secure and effective solutions with high availability while continuously integrating the new releases with zero downtimes.
You will be part of a development team where you will be working with a focus on development deliverables, system requirements, testing, support and release management.
You will be working as a full-stack cloud developer using Agile and DevOps engineering practices. You will play an important role in building our new applications and migrating our existing applications to AWS. You will ensure that our solutions are built with good software architecture and will continuously improve the way of working.
You’ll have tons of opportunities to expand your skills and apply those skills to interesting new problems. We are very excited about the DevOps space and eager to apply these principles and tools to deliver better software. In this growing and emerging field staying up to speed and learning new tools is part of the job.
You should have 3+ years of full-stack software development experience, and at least 1-2 years’ experience in AWS as well as DevOps engineering practices. You should have minimum a BA degree in IT.
• Experience in building and designing APIs' based on Clean Architecture Principles using RESTful services, desirable GraphQL.
• Experience working with object-oriented languages - preferably C#/Java.
• Experience working with scripting (bash/powershell/python) and provisioning tools like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible etc.
• Experience working with CI/CD tools to build and deploy applications with GitLab/Jenkins/TFS etc.
• Passionate about test-driven development, clean code and continuous deployment and delivery.
• Motivated, team player with excellent communication skills and passion to share knowledge.
• We expect applicants to be curious, have excellent problem-solving skills and to have a genuine interest in developing good IT solutions.
• You’ll need to have excellent communication skills to able to keep everyone in your team on the same page.
• You know how to plan your work like a pro and hit all your deadlines. By taking the time to plan each project effectively, you can become an invaluable asset to your company and yourself.
• It is an advantage if you have worked/are working in a lead role.
• As the corporate language is English, you need to be proficient in written and spoken English.
Our development culture
We are a medium-sized team that moves fast and iterates. We run code reviews, testing, and are currently working on achieving a continuous deployment infrastructure on Amazon Cloud. We put a lot of emphasis on code style, cleanliness and robustness. You will get to work with excellent engineers and you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on our way of working, vision and IT targets.
You will get to work with the latest technologies out there and continuously improve our processes and deliverables. We will never limit your creativity, never shut down ideas before testing them with customers and we will never be boring!
We embrace distributed development as a core tenant of our corporate philosophy. When a project requires collaboration we use shared workspaces, screen sharing, and voice over the internet to enable real-time discussions.
If this sounds like a team you’d love to be a part of building, and you’ve got the skill set, please get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you!
In addition to exciting career and personnel development opportunities, we offer Scania employees a competitive salary and other benefits, performance bonuses, a pension plan, flexible working hours and much more.
If you would like to find out more about the position, please contact Gunpreet Kaur (Group Manager), +46-(0)8-553 827 10 or Enrico Richiello (Scania IT Recruiter), +46 (0)70 0856 227.
Your application should include a cover letter and resume. Please apply no later than March 24th, 2021. Job ID 20203645.
Scania is a part of Traton Group and one of the world´s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications. Scania is also leading provider of industrial and marine engines. Service-related products account for a growing proportion of the company´s operations, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Scania also offers financial services.
Scania’s IT organisation is an integrated part of the company providing products and services to all business units worldwide. Based on deep Scania business knowledge and internal relations we balance in-house core competences and service production with services externally sourced and governed by us. We are around 1500 people and the majority is located in Sodertalje.
Andra webbjobb i Södertälje
- System Developer Form Design
- Systemutvecklare till Sigma R&D, Södertälje
- Passionate senior developer with experience in AWS
- Tech lead/Product Owner - Tools and CI - Autonomous vehicles
- Software developer who wants to take up a leading role