What we do at Detectify
The fear of cyber threats should never stand in the way of digital greatness. That is why we are changing the fundamentals of how cyber security works. We collaborate with ethical hackers to build a powerful platform that automates and scales crowdsourced vulnerability research.
For us, security is not just about protecting what you have but more so a tool to achieve what you want. At Detectify, your opinion and ideas matter.You belong to a dedicated, driven and forever curious team that recognise the power of knowledge sharing and challenging the status quo.
We value diversity of minds, different backgrounds, and perspectives. We are all here because we want to make a positive impact in the world. If you are collaborative and passionate about what you do, then you too could be a Detectifyer.
The Scanning Engines Team
Scanning Engines is our core software engineering team, that is responsible for asset discovery and execution of security assessment of our customers. Discovery is driven by various methods, such as DNS traversal, port scanning and web crawling, followed by a broad range of vulnerability tests from passive information analysis to active payload fuzzing based on crowdsourced security knowledge.
We aim for the best possible scanning performance with comprehensive coverage of possible security issues optimizing for flow, fast feedback and quality. We follow lean and DevOps concepts, aiming to be innovative, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for all the things we build. We love the challenge of making the impossible possible.
What you'll get to do
You will play a significant part in taking our scanning engines to the next level from forming data-driven innovative visions, implementing specialized approaches ensuring seamless operation and a world class user experience.
As an Engineering Manager in our cross-functional team you will get to:
- Collaborate in a dynamic and empowered domain-driven environment
- Participate in defining the team and product strategies going forward
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Experiment and learn fast to help us deliver unheard of solutions for our customers
- Explore modern software development methods, such as lean UX, elephant carpaccio, event storming and impact mapping
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team make use of best practices
- Be part of a great environment with awesome colleagues and world-class white hat hackers.
Technologies you will get your hands on:
- Frontend technologies: Redux, styled-component, GraphQL
- Event-based microservices architecture on AWS
- Networking and web: CDP, Certificate Transparency, CORS, DNSSEC, etc.
- Modern development tools: Golang, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, etc.
Who you are
You have experience in technical leadership, and are interested in growing your knowledge by guiding and mentoring your team and driving the technical evolution of the team’s domain. You love to work in a collaborative environment bringing out the best of everyone.
You set and achieve your own ambitious goals and like to solve complicated technical problems with a team full of creative problem solvers. You think it’s meaningful to continuously evaluate and reflect on solutions and think outside of the box to help the team solve hard problems with smart and simple solutions.
You typically come from a background where you are used to working with SaaS products using microservices at scale in a cloud first environment, or maybe from a pure network technologies environment, having experience in modern agile product development environments, working with languages such as Go, React, Kotlin or Rust.
So, what do you think?
We are proud to foster an inclusive workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to be a part of changing the way the world thinks about security! Go hack yourself!