MatHem grundades 2006 och är idag marknadsledare inom e-handel för livsmedel. Vårt mål är att ge våra användare smidiga och engagerande upplevelser, i allt från planering till inköp, som levereras med hög kvalitet direkt hem till dörren. Vi är ca 2000 anställda fördelade på vårt huvudkontor i centrala Stockholm och våra fyra logistikcenter i Stockholm/Bromma, Stockholm/Veddesta, Göteborg och Malmö.
At Mathem we're all about convenience. We create more time for whatever people love - cooking, family time, exercise, and work. We're dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers - from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. Working with us, you have a rare opportunity to put a positive impact on peoples’ lives. The smile on people’s faces when the groceries are handed over is priceless.
We're continually challenging ourselves to build great solutions and develop new features to make our customer's everyday-life a bit less stressful and our shopping experience more enjoyable. Now we're looking for Senior Backend Developers interested in creating personalized product recommendations to be part of our new Personalization team.
This is why you should join us!
At Mathem we’re working with pure cloud serverless architecture and modern microservices. We develop new functions in C# or node.js on AWS Lambda, use DynamoDB table that triggers events on updates that other services can consume, and automatically deploy to our test and production environments using AWS CodePipeline. We strive to continuously nurture a curious and forward-leaning approach to software development, evaluating new technologies as well as open-source. We have a “you build it, you run it” way to develop and operate our software, which includes developers to develop test automation and deploy the code to production.
You’ll be part of a creative and helpful environment with a lot of heart. Our international environment consists of skilled yet humble people, who love to share their knowledge. When you want a break, there’s probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration with the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen. We’ll believe in you and have a great openness to your thoughts and way of working, and we’ll always aim for you to be comfortable being yourself! Due to the current situation, most of us are working remotely and that applies to this position as well until things change.
As a Backend Developer in our new Personalization team, you'll create personalized product recommendations and suggestions, enabling us to further tailor the customer experience based on our users’ behavior and preferences - making the experience smarter and faster for everyone. There´s a really high potential here at Mathem to take advantage of personalization with many interesting challenges to tackle, like personalizing the shopping experience based on your food preferences, favorite recipes, allergies, and much more!
Working cross-functionally with the Data team, developing the Machine Learning models, you'll be building the infrastructure for how Machine Learning will be utilized for all our users. We are looking for someone with an agile mindset, who likes to work together and wants to bring new code and ideas to Mathem.
Who we're looking for:
• You have more than 3 years of experience crafting high-scalability, distributed systems in production environments, preferably in C#/NodeJS
• You're a passionate developer with an open, lean, and pragmatic mindset
• You enjoy working as a team and shipping high-quality code that is easy to maintain and extend
• You're excited to work in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, algorithms, data engineering/science, product experimentation).
• You have experience working with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
• You're a friendly person that appreciates a healthy tech culture
• You have a Swedish work permit
What are some nice to haves?
• Experience taking ideas from concept to production
• Experience or theoretical interest in Machine Learning
• Experience working with A/B-testing
• Experience working with E-commerce
• Experience working with Observability
• Experience working with Elasticsearch
• Experience working with Event-driven systems
...and most importantly, you enjoy developing cool products that make people’s lives easier!
At Mathem we generally use this tech stack:
• A 100% serverless microservice architecture built on AWS services including Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway and EventBridge
• Bounded and pragmatic contexts
• Managed services if no serverless (e.g Elasticsearch)
• Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation & SAM)
• Observability (Kibana & CloudWatch for logs and Datadog for dashboards, alerts, and metrics)
• Analytics (BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, GTM, and our own data from AWS)
• ML (we also use SageMaker in AWS)
Coding languages (agnostic mindset in general even though C# is the tool for this specific role)
• .NET Core
Excited about our journey? So are we!