Our Vision is an all-communicating world, based on trust and security. We have a mission to deliver business continuity through cyber-security solutions for customers who want to connect and protect their business critical operations, information and reputations. In a world full of geo-politics; where secure communication is a must and our competition originates in the US, China or Israel - what we do is important!
We are now seeking an outstanding team player to our Technology team in Warszawa (rest of Team is located at Clavister HQ in Örnsköldsvik in northern Sweden). We are looking for a new colleague with the ability to understand and analyze technical problems, who wants to take responsibility and grow as a professional as well as a person and have fun with us while doing it! Our way of working is based on agile- and lean-principles, we mix Discovery- and Delivery-work in our Sprints, we incorporate systemic innovation and trust the Team to make the right decisions and apply continuous improvements.
You will be responsible for some brand new, back-end components that form the core of our new service platform. The service platform is new, design work started Q4 2020, first commercial customer launch is scheduled for end of Q3 2021 with Identity as-a-Service as the first commercial offering. After Identity, Firewall as-a-Service and other features will follow. What we provide is Security as-a-Service (compliant with Gartner’s SASE concept) - key principles governing our design are: security by design, portability and efficiency. Structure is multi-tenant and based on micro-services. We implement the platform using modern open source assets like: React, GraphQL, NodeJS, Kubernetes, MongoDB, MySQL/Galera, Elastic, Zabbix, TerraForm and Ansible. We run our platform on EU infrastructure - not on US Cloud - as part of our strategy is to be a 100% European service provider to European entities.
As Senior Backend Developer you care about holistic end-user experience, high quality code across client, server and databases, agile values, modern engineering practices, and sharing what you know to help others grow.
We believe that quality of our work is a shared responsibility within the development team, and we approach this by modern engineering practices like peer reviews, continuous integration and automated testing.
Apart from back-end component ownership you will join our current two service architects in ongoing technical roadmap and and service architecture related work with the goal of taking full responsibility of service architecture over time. As the service and service platform are new and rapidly evolving this is a truly challenging responsibility but also extremely rewarding in terms of personal growth for the right candidate.
All applicants will be asked to do a programming test - the result from that test together with findings from subsequent interview with Team members is the data we will base our candidate selection on.
- Explore, scope and design new functionality
- Implement and Unit-test new features and solutions
- Debug, enhance and refactor existing functionality
- Research new techniques to improve our products
- Technical due diligence of third party services/components to integrate into service platform
- Over time - drive architectural/technical product roadmap
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Network Technology
- +5 years of hands-on experience with product software development, preferably related to network communication
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Great communication skills in English
- Curious and passionate about learning new skills within other domains in order to create a robust team around t-shapes
- Self-motivated and committed
- Team player, but also able to efficiently accomplish tasks and projects independently
- Good time management skills and ability to deliver the right results at the right time
- Experience in working with Linux/Unix environments
- Excellent/expert knowledge of TCP/IP-based network communications
- Knowledge of IP security is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of secure software development and the risks related to weak implementations
- Experience in working with a microservice architecture is considered a plus
- Experience in working with cloud-first multi-tenant applications is considered a plus
- Excellent/expert knowledge in NodeJS
- Experience in Web Front-End development using HTML and CSS
- Experience with Git version control system
Why work at Clavister?
At Clavister, we live our values. As such, our vision and mission statements attempt to put to words what we aspire to; both for our customers as well as our employees.
We offer global challenges, possibilities and a team of colleagues fueled by collaboration were nothing is impossible. We know that every person is different and believe that we, both as a team and company, are strengthened by this.
We have a great mix of employees from all over the world with different backgrounds when it comes to education, work experience and diversity. By welcoming the differences and allowing everyone to develop, we succeed in building a great team spirit and customer focus.
This is a very exciting time to join Clavister as we are refining our strategy to focus on a verticalization/specialization around selected customer segments as well as transitioning towards providing our cyber security solution as a service - this journey started Q4 2020, and you are invited to join! Read more here - https://www.clavister.com/news... (https://www.clavister.com/news/) and here https://www.clavister.com/comp... (https://www.clavister.com/company/investor-relations/investor-news/view/?id=3776938)