MAJORITY is a groundbreaking all-in-one digital financial service app that includes an FDIC-insured account, Visa® Prepaid card, money remittance, and international calling. We are built for migrants, by migrants.
Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are following their dreams, love or new experiences, more and more of us are leaning towards new environments. Our purpose at MAJORITY is to empower the amazing, the brave, and the talented and help them achieve all of their ambitions.
We believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to provide migrants the tools to thrive in their new country.
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 40 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Are you the right person to join our diverse team of ambitious migrants?
MAJORITY is looking for an Android developer
About you and your responsibilities
- You love to work with great people and enjoy collaborating with other developers and designers and contributing to product development.
- You are interested in problem solving and enjoy finding the simplest possible solution to complex problems.
- You have a keen interest in architecture and know how to build complex applications that are maintainable.
- You take pride in the quality of your work; you consider the whole system, cover the edge cases and write unit tests.
- You love to share the knowledge you have and to learn new things from your colleagues.
About Majority Android
- The 2 apps that we work on are written entirely in Kotlin.
- The development team is up to date with Android development best practices and software patterns.
- We have quick communication channels between teams and good cooperation with our colleagues in iOS, QA, product, design and backend.
- The work is well structured without being stifling. We currently use a Scrum work-flow to handle day to day tasks.
- We practice code review as it's an excellent way to spread knowledge, catch defects and keep code quality high.
- Good experience in Kotlin and Android app development
- Knowledgeable about Android, Google, mobile, devices and related spheres of technology
- Excellent communication skills in English
- 4+ years full-time professional Android development experience
- Committed to writing excellent code
- Experience working with a growing team on evolving products with many users
- Experience building new products with an eye on maintainability and scalability
- Experience with payment platforms, FinTech, Banking or app security
- Happy hacking on new technology, loves R&D
- Always curious, always learning
- Vision for product development and for how a code base evolves
- A degree in computer science
- A pleasure to work with
We are Majority. People from all around the world, as of now more than 40 countries and more to come. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.