- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
Mojang is looking for a Social System Designer. You will help formalize the social systems that will connect our players with one another, define user flows, and then drive the implementation through to completion, on all platforms. Creatively, you will report to the project's lead designer.
- Ensure that we create a safe environment for all players to connect and have fun together
- Explore ways of promoting positive social engagement and experiences within the game
- Design and guide the implementation of a cohesive and compelling suite of social features, that meets the acceptance criteria for different platforms
- Identify trends in social play and find new opportunities that caters for the social needs and expectations of diverse audiences
- Design and integrate the flow of social features with the broader game vision and feature set, from joining a session to chatting and other interactions within the game
- Be able to articulate rationales, feedback, and design choices, as related to the consistency within the project and across the studio as a whole
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have some of the following:
- Strong knowledge of social system design and understanding of general game design
- Experience in social game design or related experience
- Fundamental knowledge of user experience and playability
- Industry experience with cross platform games
- Experience with various game engines (Unity, Unreal etc) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form, to support your vision
- Desire to be part of a creative and highly collaborative team and ability to take feedback and direction
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes