The group Engine Aftertreatment Control software, responsible for the functionality of our catalysts and particulate filters, is now looking to add another function developer to the team. Our work includes control and diagnostics of the exhaust after-treatment system in all of Scania’s powertrains and engine projects.
Your work assignments
You will work within the area of SCR-control, with the main task to ensure that the next generation Scania vehicles meet the coming emission legislations. You will together with your supporting colleagues follow up and ensure that Scania has the best product possible. Therefore, we see that you take initiative and drive the area forward. Every day you will meet new challenges and you will early on get to influence, both your daily work and long-term projects. You will be able to develop functionality in your area, while also helping other groups with their challenges.
Creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking are highly valued in our group, as we often discuss our challenges to find the best solution together. You will often work in cross-functional, international projects and will have many contacts with other parts of Scania.
We work both with development in C as well as model-based development using code generation through Simulink. An important part of the work is to develop analysis methods and models for the systems which we have responsibility for, where Machine Learning is gradually becoming more and more important.
• We are looking for a person with a Master’s degree in Engineering with relevant specialization or someone with similar experience.
• You like to alternate between practical tests and analysis/evaluations and like problem-solving.
• You are triggered by "the impossible" and always want to try to find the best and most effective solution. You also appreciate constantly improving tools and processes, which make the job more efficient.
• You have good communication skills and master both oral and written English and speak Swedish or have a desire to learn Swedish.
• You may have experience working with calibration of engines, catalysts, or particulate filters in engine test cells. Experience in software testing is also very interesting, as well as knowledge of software development and MATLAB / Simulink is an advantage.
You have a driving license for a light-duty car (Swedish: B). If you have a heavy-duty driving license (Swedish: C or D) or higher traffic education, it is an advantage as testing in trucks will become part of your work assignments.
We offer Scania employees and their families free access to our complete fitness center. We can offer you Scania Job Express, a direct bus that runs between Stockholm and Södertälje. You can also enjoy other benefits such as an option to sign an agreement for an employee car, flexible working hours, lunch benefits at reduced prices, and much more.
Your application shall include a covering letter, CV, and copies of certificates. Selections will be made on an ongoing basis throughout the application period.
A background check might be conducted for this position.