- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
AstraZeneca are looking for a senior software engineer to help build and enhance our next generation Drug Discovery platform!
AstraZeneca is investing heavily in our Augmented Drug Design-Make-Test and Analyse platforms as we seek to deliver better, differentiated Candidate Drugs into trials, faster, for greater patient benefit. We have made great strides in creating the AI and ML toolsets that will pave the way for this transformation and platforms supporting new therapeutic modalities. The next part of this journey will involve firming up our existing toolsets and building the applications that will enable us to maximise the value of our new technologies in bringing small molecule and other therapeutic modalities (e.g. peptides, oligonucleotides and conjugates) through the pipeline.
In Early Science, we have highly skilled scientists generating ideas and performing experiments in the support of complex drug discovery projects. Our environment is driven by scientific and technical innovation with a high degree of diversity in workflows, data, vendor solutions and in-house builds.
Working alongside Software and Data Engineers, Architects, Analysts and other IT and science partners, you will devise technical solutions, estimate, and deliver high value returns in our DevOps teams to some of the most challenging issues slowing down innovation. You will use your technical acuity to troubleshoot and provide innovative solutions to ensure smooth experiences for our users, as well as make recommendations with peers on how we can move forward.
Your work will have a direct impact on the science we do, and you have an opportunity to enable our scientists to undertake science not possible today.
What you'll do
In this role you will join a globally distributed team of software engineers, support engineers and cheminformaticians in our A-DMTA platform. You will be responsible for designing and implementing software and data solutions to make our science easier to do, easier to learn from, and offer faster delivery and higher quality across all therapeutic areas. Design and build novel products and features to address long-standing problems in drug discovery with a focus on producing amazing user experiences that are more than the sum of their parts.
* Working with groundbreaking technology stack in cloud environment
* Collaborate with product, design, data science, and our scientific teams to build innovative experiences and services
* Propose and implement changes to our data models, core architecture, and codebase
* Develop all levels of the technical stack even if you are more experienced in some layers
* Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize a vibrant software engineering culture
* Support junior software engineers through mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
* Collaborate in the transformation of an estate of siloed systems into an ecosystem that delivers great user experiences
* Plan, implement and support core infrastructure with an overall objective to improve the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability
* Advocate for thorough engineering practices and discipline: code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.
You'll also need:
* Extensive experience in defining overall API architecture, API implementations, integration and deployment.
* Experience in cloud services, preferably AWS
* Experience in asynchronous messaging and microservice architecture
* Experience in container and serverless architecture (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
* Experience in Linux environments
* Experience with GitFlow and/or GitLab flow
* Understanding and experience in backend Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, GraphDB) and their AWS Cloud counterparts (RDS, Aurora, Neptune, etc.)
* Understanding with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Argo etc.)
* Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential.
So, what's next? Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.
Open date: 25/05/2022
Close date: 08/06/2022
Andra webbjobb i Göteborg
- System Development Engineer till attraktivt bolag inom Fordon
- Windows developer at Mullvad VPN // Gothenburg
- Systemutvecklare till mjukvarubolag inom självkörande bilar!
- Software Developer to autonomus car company
- Utvecklare till snabbväxande konsultbolag