We are looking for an Android developer to help us in our continuing mission to deliver world-class apps together with our partners. You take a great deal of responsibility and can work individually as well as in a larger team when building new features or maintaining existing ones. For us it’s important to care a great deal about the end-user experience, realising that clever technical solutions only truly shine when packaged in a way that humans appreciate.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with fun, passionate coworkers of different backgrounds to create mobile apps used by millions of people worldwide.
- Assist project managers and other team members in devising technical solutions to business requirements
- Deliver high-quality, well-architected code that’s clean and easy to understand and extend.
- Build a great end-user experience in close collaboration with designers, coming up with solutions appropriate to the Android platform and making the product shine with delightful animations and finishing touches.
Who you are
- You have a BSc degree in engineering preferably computer science and 3 years of native mobile development work experience.
- You have participated in the development of sophisticated software solutions and have experience with complex business domains.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems are second nature to you, and you know that finding a good solution often involves exploring all possible pitfalls.
- You probably have significant experience programming for the Android platform, using Java and/or Kotlin.
- You are used to the challenges that modern computing platforms bring such as asynchronous programming, and are comfortable with the reactive programming paradigm.
- You combine creativity and forward-thinking with a structured approach and can break down large features into manageable bits and pieces.
- Above all you love programming, and creating wonderful user experiences makes you happy!
Why we think you'll enjoy working here
- You will have the possibility of working on a variety of popular apps across different industries with a huge number of actual users.
- We have Friday demos, make-it-break sessions, breakfast lectures, code camp and conceptathons to learn from each other and improve our ways of working.
- You will be part of a group of talented developers with various backgrounds and experiences who help and support each others.
- You can be yourself - we encourage you to follow and share your other passions. Some of us are DJs, some love knitting, others play in a band, run marathons or go skiing together.