Do you want to be part of a team developing new products and features using cutting edge technologies? We want you to join us on our journey to innovate for a smarter, safer world.
Location: Lund, Sweden
Who is your future team?
Working together in a team, you will be a part of how our new multi-channel cameras come to life. We are responsible for the image quality in products aiming for a smarter, safer world.
You will be collaborating with co-workers from different disciplines, such as mechanical design, electronics, software, production testing and more.
As an Image Engineer at Axis, you will play an essential part in the development of our new products.
You will work together in teams of dedicated image engineers, to solve image related challenges in our network video products.
We have very close co-operation, and a friendly team-spirit at Axis, ensuring an agile development of market-leading products. We strongly believe in knowledge sharing and insights. It's a great part of our culture!
What will you work with?
As an Image Engineer at Axis you will work in cross functional teams to develop new cameras from a concept phase to a complete product. Your responsibility will be to optimize the image in regards to optics, image sensors and signal processing. It will also require writing production tests, making sure that our image quality is state-of-the-art. The position of Image Engineer is very broad and you will cooperate with many different roles and organizations at Axis.
Your main tasks will be:
* Optimizing image quality in the projects that develop new cameras. This is done using exposure and focus algorithms, noise filtering, white balance- and color-calibration.
* Participating and contributing to the choice of optics and image sensors. This is done in cooperation with the mechanics and electronics teams as well as external partners.
* Testing cameras, optics and image sensors during development in the lab, but also in real environments both indoor and outdoor.
* Developing prototypes, in cooperation with hardware and mechanics engineers, for the purpose of testing and optimizing the image
* Assisting in development of the camera firmware
* Developing and improving our production tests and calibration of our image system.
Who are we looking for?
You are curious and passionate about technology, love challenges and enjoy solving them in a team-focused atmosphere.
We also believe that you have a personal drive and are inspired by working in an environment of openness, creativity, trust, commitment, playfulness, and encouragement. As Axis values teamwork it is important that you contribute with good spirit and welcome the agile working methodologies used in our projects.
We'd love to hear if you have any combination of these skills:
* An engineering bachelor or master's degree in physics, nano, mathematics engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
* Knowledge in optics, image sensors, IR filters and IR diodes
* Experience of C and/or C++
* Experience of programming in Python.
* Development of software in a Linux environment.
* Knowledge of image processing algorithms.
* Advanced mathematics and statistics
What Axis has to offer
Openness is the core of who we truly are. Our most important asset is our ability to cooperate. We have realized that great ideas can come from anywhere. Therefore, we encourage everybody to contribute and innovate towards our vision. If you are a person that likes to get involved and make a difference, you will find a home with us.
Axis offers great benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, classic Swedish "fika" Friday afternoon, free breakfast every day, corporate bonus, physical training grants, insurances and your very own Axis bicycle. As a global company we offer relocation assistance if needed.
We also provide a brand new training facility free for every Axis employee. You can see it here Axis HQ
We believe in sustainability, equality and inclusion. Read more here
Ready to Act?
Apply today, we evaluate applications continuously. We are looking forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions don´t hesitate to contact Adam Miller at +46 46 272 1800.