Help us lead from observation to implementation!
We are looking for a Principal Software Developer to play a key role in understanding charging system behaviour in customer environment and lead implementation of improvements. You will get the opportunity to influence the software evolution of the largest product within the BSS Evolved Architecture Model (BEAM).
Initially you will strengthen our specialised performance and customer troubleshooting team together with our most senior developers. You will join our Software Architect team and lead design and implementation of solutions to complex system-wide problems. You will be a champion for code quality and software craftsmanship. This role is based in our development centre in the appealing coastal city Karlskrona in southeast of Sweden where you will work in an inspiring and creative global environment.
What you will do
- Steer and lead implementation toward architecture vision.
- Identify and lead improvements of product serviceability
- Be directly involved in critical customer situations where you quickly need to translate issues into remedies.
- Troubleshoot/Propose/Design/Implement improvements, seeking for efficiency and removing bottlenecks in the code.
- Secure competitive price/performance and efficiency in all deployments
- Be a technical leader in Charging Cloud Native journey
- Have a decisive impact, show direction, lead and empower development teams towards excellence
You will bring
- Deep knowledge and experience as a software developer with hands-on experience in Core JAVA.
- Business Understanding: Have an ability to connect to the big picture, i.e., visualizes how the product will be used by the customer.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge or high interest in DevOps, CI/CD, Automation and Cloud Native principles
- Experience in Linux environments and tools like Git, Gerrit, Maven, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Lean and Agile knowledge and skills.
- Worked with different type of deployments, virtualization, containerization, stand alone, cluster and geo-redundancy.
- Good communication skills and ability to influence others.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and creativity to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Due to the GDPR we cannot accept applications sent to email please apply with your CV and cover letter through the system.
Last application date: 17th November 2022
In case of questions please contact the recruiter: Paida Dedza ([email protected])
You will report to: R&D Line Manager
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || Sweden : Blekinge : Karlskrona
Req ID: 703477