Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be part of Process Control Platform (PCP) which is a unit within ABB Business Area Process Automation. PCP develops automation products - hardware and software - for monitoring, process control and optimization. We have automation products for all kind of industries. Digitalization gives unique opportunities to keep data from manufacturing together with other information systems within the company and make the information available in real time. Our team is only working with software development.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will have a job that includes responsibility, variation, problem solving, technical challenges, highly skilled colleagues, and an exciting international workplace where sustainability, design and digitalization are in focus. The role will offer you a great opportunity to grow as a specialist as well as enhance your personal working career.
This position reports to R&D Team Manager.
- Software development of the next generation Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods
- Implementing initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction
- Being part of a team where you will drive your own activities as well as cooperate with others within, and outside of the team
- A relevant academic education
- A few years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Some experience from working with Distributed Control System, is an advantage
- You are used to an agile/SCRUM based way of working, preferably inspired by SAFe
- You are used to work in teams and have a good social competency and ability to work together
- Since you will be working in an international organization it is required that you speak and write English fluently, and you also understand and speak Swedish
More about us
Recruiting Manager Weronica Ärleskog, +4621-34 22 14, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621-34 21 48; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621-34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621-34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Medina Jakupovic +4672 464 46 98.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website http://www.abb.com.