- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Kindred is one of the largest online gambling companies in the world with over 30 million customers globally. The platform supports a portfolio of brands like Unibet, Maria Casino etc. We are a customer-focused and fast-paced organization. Our target is "Zero revenue from harmful gambling by 2023."
Do you possess a strong agile mindset? Do you consider yourself to be a technical thought leader? Then you could be the Engineering Team Lead we're looking for!
You will be joining a team of talented developers and testers from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about what they do. You'll be responsible for driving the team's deliveries as well as improving the team's agile processes, collaborating with the Product Owners, stakeholders and other teams.
You'll have prior technical experience in delivering scalable, high-performant distributed applications. You love the idea of working with a mission-critical product with millions of end-users and zero downtime.
Being experienced in Agile and Lean development, you enjoy responsibility and care as much about developing teams agile process as developing software. Communication, coordination and team spirit are key components in getting things done.
Kindred Group believes in the growth and empowerment of our people. We promote an open and proactive culture where our developers and testers are encouraged to learn and contribute in ways outside the usual development work.
We take ownership
- Ensure the team takes ownership of their components, including how they are developed, tested and delivered
- Responsible for;
- The stability of our components in all environments
- Ensuring technical debt is addressed
- Keeping components, configurations and dependencies updated to the latest version
- Keeping components performant with increasing traffic in mind
- The security of the components, addressing any vulnerabilities
We deliver results
- Discuss, clarify and challenge requirements, giving feedback and offering alternative solutions where necessary
- Ensure estimates are provided as required based on the information available
- Responsible for team's planning process so that mid-term pipeline (next 3-6 months) and short-term commitments (next 3 months) are well understood and aligned with team priorities
- Ensure the team commits to deadlines
- Be aware of capacity and the amount of work that can be delivered at all times, informing Engineering Managers regarding future staffing needs
We are a team
- Responsible for helping the team continuously improve their processes and ways of working together;
- Responsible for ensuring the team works according to the Tech Process
We are in this together
- Build a strong and effective partnership with the Product Owner, building relationships with stakeholders
- Proactively coordinate deliveries and dependencies across teams to achieve common goals
- Identify blockers or problems as soon as possible and communicate any impact on our commitments
- Keep track of deadlines and deliveries, and communicate any risks clearly
- Ensure the team has a positive relationship with other areas;
- Keep informed about relevant changes that affects our team
- Be accessible and available to anyone that needs to get in touch with us
- Look for opportunities to share knowledge and best practices to other teams
- Support the Engineer Managers with feedback and performance evaluations
We put the customer first
- Be knowledgeable about your team's products and represent the team in different meetings and forums
- Understand the customer journeys in your business area and support the PO in optimizing them
- Responsible for ensuring the team addresses issues and incidents affecting our customers with urgency
- Ensure the team identifies root causes of incidents and put preventative measures in place
- Ensure the team has healthy monitoring and alerting in place to find issues before our customers do
We like to use-
- Agile and lean values
- Best development practices
- Microservices, event-driven architecture and Micro Frontends
- Git, Docker
- Continuous delivery
How will success be measured
- The team is highly functioning, challenged and motivated
- Effective communication within the team and with stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate and continuously improve the team's processes. Ensure the team is aligned with Kindred Development processes, actively seek to develop and enhance the agile process used by the team
- Ensuring that the team commits to work and delivers accordingly
- Robustness of technical delivery, high performance under load, low number of incidents
- Ability to maintain the balance between requirements and bug fixes, ensuring technical debt is addressed
- Incidents are properly prioritized and addressed within the team
- Gains technical as well as business domain knowledge, involves others and is willing to share and spread their knowledge
- Acting in line with Kindred Group values
- Regular performance reviews with your line manager
What you bring to Kindred
- You will have commercial experience delivering software as an Agile Lead / Scrum Master / Team Lead in a technically complex environment
- You've worked in a highly transactional distributed architecture and understand the core principles of microservice architecture
- You'll have a passion for continual improvement, and be able to demonstrate this in previous roles.
- You understand how to work with the team dynamics and are able to guide the team to higher levels of performance