- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Senior Solution Architect – Configuration PLM
Volvo Group Digital & IT
You will be part of an engaged and very skilled team in a cross functional and multicultural environment and within a department developing our future IT solutions in the Product Lifecycle Management area.
Are you interested in digitalization, the latest technology and an organization that cares about its employees? Do you want to work with a bunch of incredibly driven, passionate, and skilled people? Great! Volvo Group is now searching for an experienced Solution Architect within the Configuration PLM domain to get involved across solutions covering CAD, Product lifecycle management (PLM), Virtual Manufacturing (VM), Augmented and Virtual reality applications. We develop and maintain solutions for users to configure and generate a complete or subset of product to use in further analysis and packaging to achieve engineering efficiency, virtual trust, and the digital twin capabilities across the Volvo Group.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo is driving several exciting transformation projects and initiatives to digitalize our business processes, leverage the value of data, and become a fully data-driven company. We are part of Core Platform Area PLM/PDM Department working to increase efficiency through our current set of digital and IT solutions.
Our existing IT solutions comprises of a mix of varied technologies like Microsoft, Java, and Commercial Off the shelf (COTS) IT solutions and SaaS solutions from CAD and PLM vendors where PTC and Windchill is the PLM backbone. We are now starting up a heavy investment to transform and modernize our overall IT architecture and to further increasing the use of our PLM capabilities to build a modern digital collaboration platform to increase RnD Efficiency.
Role mission & context
You as an IT Solution Architect will be part of an Agile Scrum team and keep the work together from an architectural point of view for the PLM Configuration area. You along with other IT Architects in the team will be responsible for the IT Architecture for the Volvo Group core PLM solution. Windchill is the main PLM backbone for Volvo Group Trucks, Powertrain and Penta and has about 7000 users in Volvo Group in 25 sites mainly in the Product Development area. We have IT representation in Ageo, Bangalore, Lyon, Göteborg and Greensboro. Volvo Group – Virtual Configuration Platform has leading and advanced configuration capabilities which helps users to order and consume configured vehicle contexts for different Engineering, Manufacturing and Aftermarket use cases.
We have started a PLM journey, shaping Volvo’s new way of working within the PLM core area to further extend the capabilities and usage of a PLM platform. We are facing a very challenging and exciting period as we are about to create the future IT environment in the PLM landscape, where you will be part of it.
Responsibilities as the IT Solution Architect - Virtual Configuration Domain
- Responsible for securing IT architectural compliance for Virtual Configuration Solution following Volvo and PTC best practices and Volvo Group architectural frameworks
- You will be responsible as an architect for both one time and maintenance projects
- Lead the implementation, validation and deployment of solutions
- Be part of, guide and support the agile development teams to deliver the best solutions in line with Solution Center architecture directions
- Resolve architectural issues e.g., escalated from projects & solutions
- Secure excellent IT architectural competence through the Solution Center IT Architect network for the concerned solutions and project
- Drive the work needed for integrations with other systems together with their representatives
- Be part of relevant sub-portfolio ITA Team and work closely with Principal Solution Architect.
You need to have the ability to work under demanding, challenging and changing conditions. As a person you are structured, innovative and have a strong technical focus in combination with a very strong customer-oriented attitude. With the job comes a lot of freedom with responsibility that requires you to plan your daily work yourself. You enjoy teamwork, contribute with team spirit and you like taking responsibility. You have the passion to learn and explore new things. You are skilled in networking and building good relationships with your stakeholders. You should have the ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
Who are you
- Experience in leading the design, development, implementation, validation and deployment of scalable Virtual Configuration IT solutions.
- Extensive experience of IT assignments in software architecture, information and integration architecture.
- Broad knowledge of 3D CAD, PLM Platforms, and tools (Preferably PTC products – Creo & Creo View).
- Knowledge of Windchill customization, Configuration and Working with Restful and MQ integration services.
- Broad knowledge of PLM Configurator systems including Variant / Effectivity Management in product structures.
- Knowledge in handling light weight data, CAD conversions, workflow management, BOM & Context management.
- Experience in Cloud setup is beneficial.
- Ability to design and maintain architecture views, models and target architectures according to defined standards and tools.
- Ability to translate and balance functional and non-functional business requirements into sustainable and cost-efficient solution design.
- You are comfortable in working with various stakeholders, navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment and delivering results as a team.
- University Degree in Engineering or similar IT graduation.
- You have good communication & presentation skills.
- General knowledge of Agile and modern SDLC software development practices, DevSecOps, and technical documentation (requirements, functional specifications, test plans, etc.).
The location for the position is Gothenburg (SE)
Union representatives for Swedish applicants:
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Ledarna – Peter Svensson, +46 739 022687
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.