We are searching for a UX/UI designer consultant who will work with the Technical Visualisation Team at Volvo Design. You, as a consultant, will be a part of their inhouse team focused on the development of an inhouse visualisation tool.
This is a collaboration with Digital, and the greater UX organization, working in a Product setup. The tool is in its early stages; internal customers are using the UI to create assets and animations, and their renders are influencing millions of external customers shopping for their next Volvo car.
What you will do
As a UX Designer you'll develop a deep understanding of their customers’ complicated needs and pain-points, serving as an expert for your product team. They value user centric design that focuses on usability rather than visual styling. You’ll use those insights to imagine creative solutions that solve customers’ needs in an elegant way. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver end-to-end user experience design artefacts - usability testing, user flows, stories, wireframes, and prototypes that balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality.
You will work closely with Visualization artists, user-researchers, fellow designers, product managers, developers, and other experts gathering valuable data and creating delightful experiences for existing and new customers. As a UX designer you will also be an internal thought-leader on user experience best practices and trends.
You will be working on iterating the first version of this 3D tool into a more robust product offering. The foundational efforts will include working with the Product leaders to set KPIs, and see that your efforts of user-testing, design proposals and improved FE experience move the data metrics. From there you will evaluate additional functionality and for the use cases that are prioritised, create design proposals which the development team will later implement
Required UX qualifications
- You’ve been designing for 4+ years for a consumer-focused tech company, so you understand what it takes to create elegant, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You are a versatile designer who uses a full range of skills—product design, interaction design, and visual design — to ensure you deliver magical experiences to the customer.
- You’re a strong communicator who can inspire teams towards action and empathy for the user.
- You are a strong collaborator, who can work with not only design patterns, but many other stakeholders from marketing to engineering.
- You have a people-focused design mentality constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
- You have a portfolio to submit alongside your application.
- Prior experience with 3D creation software such as Maya, Blender or C4D.
- Prior experience with game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- The design of production-ready interfaces, for both 2D & 3D applications.
- Portfolio to show ability to create 3D UI and interfaces.
- Passion for learning new technologies and industries
Who are you?
- You are fluent in English.
- Good cooperation and communication skills.
- A ”nothing is impossible” attitude.
- Highly driven and result focused.
- Works well in a team and likes to share knowledge.
- Motivated and engage