How would you like to make your mark? Do you want to make a significant contribution to the food industry’s sustainability and help reverse the climate crisis?
Improvin’ exists to solve one of the world's largest problems: how to produce more food, more sustainably, at the same time. Our solution focuses on primary production, the source of >70% food industry’s emissions. We help food brands and processors measure, report and reduce the climate impact of their own value chains.
Our mission is vital and urgent; the change you’ll drive is demanded by consumers, the Paris Agreement, IPCC regulations, EU legislation (CSRD), and ambitious corporate goals set with The Science Based Targets Initiative and Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
Are you ready to work with purpose?
About the role
We’re looking for a talented design lover that with a pixel-perfect mindset is ready to join the fight against climate change. As part of our design team you will be creating and extend a digital product that helps companies in the food industry to lower their climate footprint. We always strive to have everyone understand the mission, but bring unique capabilities to the table. That is why we believe that, in order to be successful at this role, you’ll need to have a strong belief in our mission and solution, but also a passion for design - tools, frameworks, processes, everything - and be dedicated to constantly learning new ways of solving problems.
In this role you will be an important contributor to developing and scaling our product. We believe you both enjoy and have a passion for designing crisp and user-friendly wireframes in parallel with smooth clickable prototypes, which will be a significant part of your daily work.
How we will support you
- We’ll strive to give you all the tools necessary for you to shine and develop a toolbox worthy of a design master with global potential.
- We want to ensure that your environment and emotional support is at the very highest standard by giving you continuous feedback and learning opportunities together with relevant people both inside and outside the company.
- You will enter a company consisting of a group of friendly people with different skills and backgrounds. We always strive to find people that complement the rest of the company. As humble as we try to be, this means that we want to give you first-hand access to complimentary knowledge and experience. You’ll get to work with software developers, c-level executives and key account managers to fully understand how design can change how food is produced through digital technologies.
How you can make an impact
- Design and implement the visual components of a user interface, such as buttons, icons, typography, and color schemes.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and stakeholders to ensure that the interface design aligns with project goals and user needs.
- Create wireframes and prototypes to illustrate the structure and functionality of a digital product.
- Create pragmatic processes for usability testing to evaluate the effectiveness of the interface design.
- Adhere to design systems and style guides to ensure a consistent look and feel across the digital product.
- Help maintain a design system and tonality used across the company for everything from external presentations to internal infrastructure.
- Stay up-to-date with new design trends and tools.
We believe you have
- A genuine passion for design with an eye for details as well as conceptual thinking.
- Strong collaboration skills as well as the ability to work independently and take initiatives in order to solve problems that might come across.
- Experience from product design with an expertise within user interface and a deep understanding of user experience.
- Knowledge of design principles and best practices for creating intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a strong understanding of user-centered design and showcases successful projects.
- Proficiency in design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe, and/or Creative Suite. Experience within Figma specifically is a plus.
- Some kind of degree in user interface and user experience, design, human-computer interaction or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in UI design.
By applying, you will get a chance to join a purpose-led, passionate, and international team. We use English as our working language, and for applicants outside of the EU, we offer relocation support with the transition if needed.
We offer a flexible work setup: you can join us in our Stockholm office, or work remotely, even from another EU country. You’ll get competitive compensation, 30 days of paid vacation, and support to grow professionally as our fast-scaling business grows.
Most importantly, we believe that a diverse workforce will be essential to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.