Pushing boundaries for a sustainable future
Can clean-energy tech change the world? We say yes. Here’s why. The way we heat our homes today is responsible for 15% of all of Europe’s CO2 emissions. Switching to sustainable, clean energy solutions is the easiest and most impactful way households can play their part in net zero.
We are a next-generation home energy champion. We passionately believe that creating smart, sustainable homes is our way to make a positive impact in the world. Clean-energy tech is purposeful work. Urgent work. We’d love you to do it with us.
About the role
We are looking for a QA Field Testing Engineer who will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of the receptiveness of our innovative heat pump technology to the communication and signals being sent by our mobile application and other connected devices with, for example, thread.
You will be part of the team that focuses on the customer journey which aims to help our customers gain the most benefit from our products. You will be responsible for conducting extensive testing in near-like and end-consumer situations, focusing on quality assurance, black box testing, and integration testing across the hardware and software components. You will work closely with UX designers and Product Owners to align testing with expected behavior and design standards.
In this position, you will be our first and Lead QA engineer who works on all the different levels of testing. Operationally, you will work on operational testing and setting out our first frameworks. Strategically, you will take the lead in establishing a testing lab and framework, having the freedom to shape the testing environment and methodologies, including the potential use of automation software and sensors. Over time, you will have the opportunity to build and lead a team of QA professionals.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting exploratory testing to identify and discover errors, ensuring a thorough evaluation of the product's behavior.
- Creating test scripts and other assessment methods to evaluate end-user behavior, replicating various end-user scenarios and conditions.
- Performing manual testing when automation is not feasible, ensuring comprehensive coverage of test scenarios.
- Focussing on the integration of software and hardware, assessing factors such as Bluetooth connectivity and overall system performance.
What we would like you to have
Besides an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to deal with constant change, we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in quality assurance and testing, preferably in a mobile application and hardware integration context.
- Strong knowledge of black box testing, integration testing, and test automation.
- Familiarity with Bluetooth connectivity and IoT technologies is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Leadership abilities and the potential to build and lead a QA team.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply technical documentation to real-work testing scenarios.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to establish a QA/testing framework and build a team from scratch
- The chance to build a global company and transformative products
- Fast-moving growth journey making a positive impact on the world
- Supportive and inclusive culture alive with learning opportunities
At Aira, We’re not just champions of next-generation energy, we’re champions in Diversity and Inclusion too. We believe that a diverse workforce sparks innovation and creativity and enables us to better serve our customers and communities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to join our team. We will never accept any form of discrimination and believe that together, we can drive a new era for our people and planet.
Ready to find true purpose in your work?
Send me your application today. Any questions? I’m here to help. You’ll find my contact details below.