- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Hej, Truecaller is calling you from Stockholm, Sweden! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making tomorrow’s communication smarter, safer, and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 350 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of 400 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Tel Aviv and Nairobi.
- Listed On Nasdaq OMX Stockholm, Large Cap
As a Backend Engineer, you will take on lots of responsibilities in Truecaller’s backend development and maintenance which serves over 300 million active users. You will also be coding new features and have an active role in the definition of the backend architecture. We are looking for an ambitious developer who has a passion for technology and a great will to learn and grow with us.
What do we expect from you
- Software development experience with Scala or Java
- Experience of working with microservices, architecture, and patterns
- Experience of working with non-relational databases
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
What will you work on
- Developing high-volume, low-latency application and coping with the challenge of working in a distributed environment.
- Designing microservices and exploring new solutions and technologies together with the platform team.
- Build a scalable and reliable system.
It would be great if you also have
- Lightbend stack
- Play framework
- Google Cloud Platform
- Reactive systems
- Apache Kafka
- Go language
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. As part of the recruitment process, we will conduct a background check.
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer
- A smart, talented and agile team: An international team where ~35 nationalities are working together in several locations and time zones with a learning, sharing and fun environment.
- A great compensation package: Competitive salary, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible working hours, private health insurance, top-up parental leave, pension contribution, Udemy membership to keep learning and improving, and free gym membership (SATS).
- Great tech tools: Pick the computer and phone that you fancy the most within our budget ranges.
- Do it your way: We work in-office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with flexibility on the other days. You can enjoy 2 weeks working remotely from anywhere you want per year.
- Office life: Enjoy your days with a daily free breakfast, a wide range of yummy snacks and beverages, or have fun with your colleagues at the playroom! As well, exciting company parties and team activities such as Lab days, Running team, Geek lunch!
Come as you are:
Truecaller is diverse, equal and inclusive. We need a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences in order to keep building our great products. No matter where you are based, which language you speak, your accent, race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, etc. All those things make you who you are, and that’s why we would love to meet you.