- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
What you’ll do:
* As an early joiner in a new team within a highly prioritized area you will play a key role in setting technical direction and building a world-class data architecture based on Data Mesh principles
* Work in a multi-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on product objectives
* Leverage our large and diverse datasets to enable use cases with direct impact on the end-customer's digital experience
* Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and cloud platforms
* Develop in different technologies and languages ranging from Java and Scala to Python and SQL
* Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
* Increase developer productivity by building innovative tools that reduce maintenance overhead of working with data pipelines and help increase platform reliability
* Advocate and advance modern, agile software development and help develop and foster good engineering practices
* Demonstrate and champion an appetite for knowledge and never stop developing as a Data Engineer
Who you are:
* You are deeply knowledgeable and passionate about modern data architecture principles
* You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
* You care about and have experience with agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
* You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines in a cloud-based environment
* You are knowledgeable about data modelling, data access, and data storage techniques
* You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java, Scala or Python and are well versed in the SQL language and databases
* You understand the value of collaboration and partnership within a team
* You like to have fun at work and take great care in making sure everyone always feels welcome and included!
* You fully embrace a growth mindset, and encourage others to do the same
We offer our employees excellent benefits such as:
* Plenty of leave to let you take time off for what's most important in life
* Collective Agreement and ITP pensions
* An annual allowance to spend on your health and wellbeing