- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Metrea Simulations we are using Unreal Engine to build a military simulator targeting the professional market. One of the goals is to provide clients with an affordable, modern and realistic tool to improve training.
Role and responsibilities
Metrea Simulations is looking for a experienced Game AI programmer to bring life to our simulation platform. We believe that state-of-the-art AI is central to creating the most immersive simulation and high value training possible for our users. As an AI programmer you will work closely with our experts in aerospace and military simulations to create an immersive simulated world with complex and realistic agent behaviour and a rich pattern of life. If you are looking forward to solving hard technical problems and can go deep into understanding underlying codebase while keeping performance in mind, we will be a good match for you.
This role will require you to be a team player that likes to work in a multidisciplinary environment that expects you to be communicative and independent in your work. You should be motivated to find creative and scalable solutions for complex problems.
- Building scalable and maintainable AI systems for all aspects of the simulation
- Developing algorithms and data structures such as pathfinding and behaviour trees
- Integration of our machine learning solutions with the simulation
- Professional experience as a C++ programmer
- Willingness to learn, cooperate and solve difficult problems
- Proactive and self-motivated
- US or EU-Citizenship
- Full professional communication skills in English
- 3+ years of AI programming in games and/or simulations
- Ability to build performant solutions
- A good understanding of different algorithms and data structures for AI, such as pathfinding and behaviour trees
- Must be located in Sweden, Poland, USA or UK (atm we do not offer relocation)
Ideal candidate would have some of:
- Understanding of vehicle control (cars, airplanes etc.) in an advanced physic simulation
- An interest in (or experience of) machine and reinforcement learning
- Experience with Unreal Engine C++ programming
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with software engineering in games
- Experience with profiling, optimizing, debugging, multithreading
- Passion for anything aerospace related
- Experience from the video game industry
- Experience working with international teams
- Additional language skills (e.g. Swedish, Polish, German)
- Background in related field (e.g. Military, Aerospace, Software, Engineering, Physics, Math)
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- 30 days paid holidays from the get go
- Personal Development budget
- Friskvårdsbidrag (Health & Wellness benefit) for upwards 5000 sek a year.
Metrea Simulations redefines the cutting edge of flight simulation and services. Our expertise in physics, engineering and artistry allows us to leverage modern technologies in new and unprecedented ways in order to create the most realistic and immersive flight simulation training products and experiences possible. Through our technologies, customers enjoy an optimal path to efficient training, design, technology development and tactical analysis across the aviation sector. Our technology nucleus of advanced AI, flight and sensor modelling enables us to augment reality through the lens of next-generation products and services.
Öppen för alla
Vi fokuserar på din kompetens, inte dina övriga förutsättningar. Vi är öppna för att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.