Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Senior 2D Concept Artist to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we truly believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a Senior 2D Concept Artist with experience in the PC and mobile gaming space and the ability of bringing our game concepts to life. Our project is ambitious and you will be one of the senior positions in charge of creating the 2D characters and costumes that will be added into our 3D game. Your ability to balance artistic vision with technical proficiency will ensure that our characters are both visually striking and of consistent quality and style throughout.
Your day-to-day as a Senior 2D Concept Artist
Working closely with the Art Director and Lead Artist to provide high quality 2D artworks for follow up 3D generation
- Collaborating closely with Senior 3D and Technical Artists to make precise artworks
- Communicating constantly with the art team to clearly understand what needs to be provided
- Researching relevant topics to continue to learn new skills and tools
- Creating documents for skill and tool research
- Acting as a mentor for Junior Artists
- Giving and receiving feedback, adopting and improving your work as needed
- Experience with character and costume works for PC and mobile games
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, Illustrator
- Experience designing characters and costume for high profile customization
- A love for stylized art works (Mid core) rather than realistic art
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy, life drawing, posing, and fashion design
- Strong knowledge of lighting, composition, color theme
- Good artistic eyes and imagination to make characters and the world with minimum direction
- A portfolio that demonstrates and highlights your best work in games
Good to have
Minimum 5 years of PC and Mobile game experience with multiple different projects
- Basic understanding of Unity3D as a concept artist
- Basic using of Blender for concept art
- MMO development experience on PC or Mobile
- As a gamer, you bring art ideas from your gaming experience
- Strong communication skills
- Capability of working independently with minimum supervision
- Interest in new gaming fields and trends
- Pro-active artist who always takes feedback seriously to try to improve the quality of their work
- Positive attitude towards your general approach to work life
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- Ability to adopt new workflow and software
- Team player rather than a lone wolf
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.