- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Why we will love you
We are looking for a passionate iOS Software Engineer for our amazing IKEA app team!
As a person, you have a proven ability to develop high-quality code in Swift for iOS using and encouraging good practices. You have a curious nature and actively acquire new knowledge, and skills, attempting to use new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. Being curious will enable you to change direction based on new ideas, approaches and strategies. You will be empowered to work agile and make continuous improvements within the software engineering function. By encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability makes it easy to collaborate with others to achieve our common goals.
To be qualified as an iOS Software Engineer you have an examination in computer science or similar education. Experience through keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. Additionally, you have demonstrable experience in working in an agile setup where you own both the development, quality assurance and maintenance of the deliverables. You get energized by delivering high-quality software in an agile environment where learning about our end users is key. If you have also worked with backend development that is considered a merit.
A day in your life with us
In this team, we are responsible for developing the highly rated IKEA shopping app which has millions of visits every week from users all over the world. We continue to roll out to more markets across the globe, as well as implementing features that support our customers online and in-store. We aim to improve the customer shopping journey by using the latest innovative technologies. We listen and respond to customer feedback and analytics, prioritizing our efforts with our users in mind, being adaptable and changing direction where necessary.
Our multi-cultural IKEA app Team is based in the Netherlands and in Sweden and you will work in one of our five Agile teams. Each team has a setup with Designers, QA engineers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers.
As an iOS Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the development, quality assurance and maintenance of high-quality code for the native iOS IKEA app written in Swift.
- Working in agile teams across the capability areas, contributing to the development and maintenance of products and solutions
- Applying and adhering to good practice software engineering practices (e.g., DRY principles, TDD and BDD, continuous integration, automated tests, pair programming, code reviews) within an agile/iterative development approach.
- Providing support and guidance as needed to other developers within the development team encouraging good practices.
- Contributing to the continuous development of standards against which software development should take place as well as exploring and bringing in new technologies to boost innovation and development productivity.
- Working closely together with other software engineers and cross functions to produce all required design specifications and ensure that digital solutions work together and fulfil business needs.
About this work area
At Group Digital, we set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We ensure the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
This is a hybrid role, based in Malmö, Sweden.
Studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% “qualified” from “Why Women Don’t Apply for Jobs Unless They’re 100% Qualified” by Tara Sophia Mohr, August 2014.
If this is part of why you hesitate to apply, we would like you to reconsider and give it a chance. Maybe your profile fits our needs much better than you think.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!