Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
Vehicle Communication Network SW Engineering
We are innovating in support of our technology targets! We drive technology change that enables us towards the future.
At Volvo Cars, we are looking for passionate curious engineers that want to take an active part in the vehicle’s evolution. If you want to be part of leading and inspiring teams to complete our mission to revolutionize the automotive experience for our consumers, then we have an opportunity for you.
Who are we
Product Strategy and Architecture department is centralized function within SW Engineering and it is accountable for the Extended Vehicle SW & Electrical/Electronic (SW&EE) Product Strategy, Overall Architecture and System Design and vehicle communication network implementation (Signal Data Base release). Extended Vehicle refers to both in-vehicle and off-vehicle systems, e.g., the ones residing in the cloud or third-party devices.
What will you do
• Design, implement, maintain and refine vehicle communication network
• Contribute to Signal Data Base releasing
• Drive implementation of required decisions needed to deliver communication networks
• Collaborate with stakeholders from development teams integrating SW
• Collaborate with stakeholders from Complete System Integration and Release
• Drive specific investigations on a need basis
• Handle escalated risks & impediments
• Identify and implement process and governance improvements
What you bring
Ideally, you are a collaborative, communicative, curious, and result oriented professional with experience from SW development in multi app environment, preferably from Automotive. You understand the SW architecture, allocation, and implementation choices per platform. You understand the Signal Database function in relation to SW development, integration and release.
You balance well needs and steps from where we stand towards where we want to be, and your ambition is the realization of company strategy. You are team player and informal leader that creates prerequisites for teams to move fastest possible in a sustainable manner towards the common objectives.
We are a global team and the minimum language requirements is fluent English, verbal and in writing.
• M.Sc. in Electrical and Software Engineering or similar relevant experience with technical depth. Proven experience from SW development (C++) in embedded environment
• Knowledge in Capital Networks (by Siemens) support for Ethernet, service-oriented architecture (SOA), scalable service-oriented middleware over IP (SOME/IP)
• Experience from coordinating SW developers towards common objectives
• Well-developed communication skills (visualization and presentation), coordination, and administration skills
• Experience from working in the Agile context
• CarWeaver, Elektra, VIRA and Planisware experience
• Experience from working in an international, multi-site environment
• Previous experience from