- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Software Architect - Infotainment Platform
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Within the department Driver Interaction & Infotainment we are responsible for the entire infotainment system, developing and verifying systems and components within the infotainment area. We work with the latest technology in order to reach the future characteristics and requirements in a very exciting field. We have high ambitions in SW development and for that we need good, passionate and knowledgeable colleagues who want to build the most adaptive and competitive infotainment platform in the automotive industry. The group Infotainment Platform today consists of 20 persons such as System Engineers, SW developers and SW architects. We have the responsibility for the infotainment platform for the entire infotainment system.
As SW architect Infotainment platform you will be involved in defining and refining the architecture. You will take ownership of the architecture evaluation and take responsibility for the architecture, and work in the platform SW development team together with our supplier. In this role you are also responsible for Quality assurance. This includes not only code reviews but also introducing standards and working practices. You will also engage in discussions about how to implement new and innovative ideas in the Volvo Car Group infotainment platform ensuring Volvo Car Group develops a highly adaptive and cost optimal infotainment platform. The role is a key position. You will be the leader of the architecture work giving you a broad contact network and possibility to influence the technical development and way of working.
* SW development within the platform development team
* Agile team participation and process improvement
* Evaluating architectural properties such as flexibility, maintainability and extensibility making sure the platform is able to grow in the direction of the roadmap
* Responsible for managing non-functional requirements
* Responsible to help the stakeholders define and refine the non-functional requirements as well as challenge them when appropriate
* Responsible for security through to the non-runtime characteristics such as audit, extensibility, internationalization and localization
* M.Sc in Electrical or Software engineering
* More than 5 years of experience working in the field of SW Architecture, SW Development and requirement handling within electrical and software projects
* Experience from Embedded Linux Development
* Service oriented- and component based architecture
* Object oriented design
* Software product line architecture and variants management
* Experience from working in an international environment
* Experience from working in a highly networked organization developing SW and architecture together with suppliers
* Automotive and Infotainment experience is meritorious
* Strive for future challenges and development
* Driven and self-motivated
* Communicative and a great team player
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Sourceright. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Linda Astrin by e-mail [email protected]. Note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than September 20th, 2016.