- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Are you ready to create the 5G future?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both.
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2020, and pre commercial trails already happening now, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
At the System department Ericsson’s 5G Visions are born, the best performing algorithms are developed and deployed. Join us to be part of making radio networks become an innovation platform enabling emergent technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) to become integral parts of our economy and lifestyle.
Do you want to:
• Create the future for Ericsson’s 4G and 5G Radio Network products?
• Work on visionary strategic projects? The market is moving very fast right now and the right choices have to be made. Standardisation needs to be steered in the right direction. Where is the market heading? What solutions will bring most value to society? Is the performance gain worth the increased cost?
• Work with the latest technical challenges? Develop the best physical layer algorithms based on theory and verify by simulations? Innovation and patents are key!
A few examples: Advanced signal processing algorithms supporting advanced beamforming algorithms, Internet-of Things (IoT) and machine learning.
• Ensure world leading performance in our customer’s network? Did the theory pay off live? Do we have the best performing network at the world’s biggest sport events where everyone uploads pictures simultaneously? Are the people on high speed trains in Japan equally satisfied with their network connections as they are at home? Will the system be fast and reliable enough to support new applications such as for remote surgery or control of industrial robots?
• Work with some of most experienced network, radio and signal processing engineers in the world? Constantly developing your competence together with highly competent and motivated colleagues.
• Learn from our global organisation? Have a central role with and work towards many other parts of Ericsson, such as Sales, Services, Customer units all over the world, Ericsson Research and Design.
Then this is the perfect job for you!
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Perform systems studies in the early phases of product development for LTE & 5G in the area of physical layer algorithms.
• Develop software simulations for the performance analysis of LTE & 5G features and algorithms, using link-level simulations
• Secure Radio Network characteristics through involvement in the SW product development and testing.
• Support the deployment of new LTE & 5G products and features into customer networks. Work with Customer Service Requests and Trouble Report analysis.
• Work collaboratively on new features, simulations and improvements with cross-functional development teams situated locally in Kista as well as other teams located in Sweden (Lund, Linköping), Canada, China and Poland.
• Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR. File Invention disclosures and patents.
• Drive continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering / Engineering Physics / Wireless communication systems, or equivalent.
• Excellent English language skills
• Strong background in communications theory and digital signal processing
• Strong knowledge of Radio access technologies (WCDMA, LTE, NR), especially in the areas of the Physical Layer, Radio Resource Management and Mobility
• Experience in SW development for Link and/or Network Simulations. Languages include: Matlab and C++
• More than 5 years of work experience with Radio Access Networks or radio base station development
• Experience from Radio access technologies (GSM, WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, 5G), Baseband and/or HW/SW design or research.
• Ability to work with both short-term and long-term objectives, involving the big picture as well as implementation details.
• Experience in the software development and analysis of simulations.
• Self-motivated, with drive and initiative
• Strong analytical skills.
• Leadership interest and skills.
• Effective in teamwork.
• Strong presentation and influencing skills to communicate our solutions and influence diverse customers, stakeholders and partners.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.