- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source Eric in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for two Control System Engineers - High-speed Data Acquisition Systems.
Description of directorate/division
You will join the Integrated Control System Division, which is designing, constructing, commissioning and operating the control systems for the ESS facility. The Integrated Control System monitors and controls most of the operational aspects. We cover a wide range of sensing, control and automation technology from highly customized electronics specific for ESS applications to standardized PLCs controlling building automation.
The Control System Hardware & Integration Group is to perform of the development of control systems from requirements engineering, design, implementation, procurement and delivery for installation, verification and support.
The hardware scope contains of a mixture from entirely in-house hardware development, through community-style development in standardized open-source code bases to adaption and configuration of off-the shelf commercial systems.
Description of main responsibilities
• High-speed data acquisition systems
• Involvement in the design of the different ESS control systems
• Responsible for the design, implementation and management of controls subsystems
• Perform verification of requirements, including trough analysis, inspection, demonstration and testing
• Perform systems validation trough commissioning for operations
• Perform EPICS integration of equipment
• B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or a related field
• Experience with accelerator control systems
• Knowledge of EPICS
• Experience with programming (C/C++, Java) and scripting (e. g. Python) languages
• Hands-on experience with control system hardware
• Experience with control system architecture and design
• Experience with device integration, support and maintenance
• Experience with technology evaluation
• Experience with requirements solicitation and verification
• Ability to design, debug, and test control system components thoroughly
• Ability to teach, mentor and communicate technical concepts and solutions
• Experience of working in an international environment is essential
• Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage
• Experience in RF and/or Beam Instrumentations system
• Knowledge of xTCA standard
• Experience with digital control systems using micro-controller and/or FPGA
• Fluent in VHDL / C / C++ and scripting languages (preferably Python)
• Experience and knowledge of real-time operating systems
• Good knowledge of Linux system device drivers and kernel networking stack
• Proven written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in and with team(s)
• Uses initiative to identify and resolve problems/issues
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, fast pace of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months' initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website or ESS intranet. Internal candidates are encouraged to apply through the intranet.
The deadline for applications is 6 August 2017.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contact Group Leader Hardware & Integration Group, Daniel Piso Fernandez, daniel.pisofernandez[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Charlotta Olsson, charlotta.olsson[at]esss.se
Andra webbjobb i Lund
- Software Developer - Connect with our Team, Digital Services
- Framtida möjligheter inom Digital Services
- Adaptive and innovative Full Stack Developer - Zaplox
- Vi söker utvecklare inom testautomation till branschledande Consafe Logi...
- Fullstack utvecklare