- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
With local presence in 150 countries, north of 30 billion SEK in annual turnover and more than one Terabyte of machine data generated every second, Sandvik Machining Solutions is a world leader in engineering solutions the manufacturing industry. With its brand recognition and global reach, Sandvik aspires to help its 250 000 industrial customers embrace digital transformation, at scale, globally. To do so, it created CODE.
CODE is a new, bold take on industrial digitization, tasked with the mission to design, build and deploy innovative, digital-first solutions to help solve the most important challenges Sandvik’s customers face across all of manufacturing. CODE is uniquely positioned to combine Sandvik’s deep industrial expertise with cutting-edge advances in machine learning, artificial intelligence and digital user experiences to create compelling, customer centric solutions to big problems.
We’re looking for a senior data scientist to join us at Sandvik CODE as we strive toward shaping the way industrial companies take on digital transformation. Together with a dynamic team of experienced product managers, designers and engineers, you will work in close collaboration with our customers – all over the world – to identify, prototype and build compelling and purposeful use cases through machine learning, artificial intelligence and data mining.
As a team, we are deeply committed to transform the way Sandvik approaches digital solutions to hard problems. We view integrity, openness and accountability as cornerstones to our ability to deliver value in both the short and long term. Our operational model is rooted in design thinking, and we work closely with customers, partners and internal Sandvik teams to ideate, prototype and iterate concepts at a rapid pace. We exponentially scale only the solutions we can prove to drive substantial value creation for our customers. Nothing else matters.
- Work with our executives, product managers, engineers and designers to identify and map out the most purposeful use cases for data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence inside Sandvik Machining Solutions
- Work with Sandvik’s engineering teams to design and develop conceptual models and derive best practices for integrating data science into existing and new products and services
- Prototype, validate and iterate data science-driven use cases across all of Sandvik’s strategic focus areas, including additive manufacturing (3D printing), metal cutting, logistics and planning, and cross-team collaboration
Skills & Qualifications
- MSc. or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- Strong, fundamental understanding of probability theory, signal processing and time series analysis, multinomial regression models and multi-class classification models
- At least 4 years of experience designing, building and deploying data science solutions in a professional environment
- Extensive experience producing production grade solutions using programming languages and frameworks for scientific computing, such as Python, R, Scala, Matlab or equivalent
- Extensive experience in packaging, organizing and documenting data science-based solutions to enable integrations with external software systems
- Extensive Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as Theano, Torch, Caffe, TensorFlow or equivalent
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Matplotlib (Python), Zeppelin (Spark), or GGPlot2 (R) or equivalent
- Extensive Experience working with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases, such as Apache Cassandra or equivalent
- Experience with large, distributed file systems and data stores, such as Hadoop HDFS or equivalent
- Experience working with web-based visualization tools such as D3.js or dygraphs
- Experience working with Apache Spark and its related technologies, including SparkSQL and DataFrames
- Familiarity with real-time streaming brokers, such as Kafka
- Familiarity with graph databases, such as Neo4j, and their applications
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion. As our team at Sandvik CODE are truly international, we expect you to have excellent communication skills in English.
Benefits of working for Sandvik in Stockholm, Sweden
- 5-6 weeks’ paid vacation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid Parental Leave after 1 years’ employment.
- Performance-related bonus scheme.
- Pay for your Stockholm subway travel card through monthly salary deduction.
- After 1 years’ employment, you can choose between 3 days’ extra vacation, an additional annual pension contribution or a lump sum paid out simultaneously with your regular monthly salary.
- Work in a world class innovation environment in the heart of Stockholm.
- Subsidized healthcare and life insurance.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Social Activities – socialize with other Sandvik employees through theme nights, activities and days out.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Hugo Nordell, Recruiting Manager, +46 (0)26 266 242
Thomas Lilja, Unionen, +46 (0)70 261 04 82
Anna Åkesson, Akademikerföreningen, +46 (0)70 642 83 29
As we have an ongoing selection process for this position, we’d like you to send us your application as soon as possible, but no later than October 4, 2017. Please showcase your skills by adding your StackOverflow or GitHub profile in your application.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.