Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to re-define the customer experience in automotive through digital technology. We’re committed to giving Volvo customers an entire week of quality time back per year by 2025 through these types of innovations that simplify their lives. We’re looking for team members in this Digital organization who think about technology problems and opportunities in exciting and different ways – creative and critical thinkers who want to change the world with us here at Volvo.
This role is within our Consumer Commercial Digital Products (CCDP) team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission. This is a rapidly growing team, and we are looking for outstanding people who will be some of the earliest hires in their function, helping to establish it at Volvo Cars.
You will be responsible for developing back-end software and services for consumer facing products and e-commerce solutions available in more than 80 countries. Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts along with regular development. Initially, we are starting with a small team to create and test concepts, and then productize the promising ideas. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
You will also be responsible for hiring a team of software engineers to design and create new consumer applications that reach Volvo’s customers. You should have start-up experience where you have quickly developed prototypes and catalysed product development in a fast paced, fluid environment. You are a hands-on developer with backend experience while you are hiring and building the team. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
This position is located in Volvo’s new Software Technology Centre in central Stockholm.
* Experience as a back-end software engineer, designing and writing code, served as a tech lead.
* Expert in back-end development, including data models, persistence layers, back-end services (REST APIs), app frameworks, caching and messaging services, as well as using 3rd party APIs.
* Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
* Experience of developing code with AWS, Google App Engine, or other major cloud providers
* Technical interviewing, and helping to build a highly functioning software development team
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Minimum 3 years work experience developing back-end software
* Strong software design skills and knowledge of design patterns
* Experience and expertise in developing consumer-facing products
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira)
* A passion for cars and developments in the auto industry
* Understanding of CMS systems, such as Drupal or Sitecore
* Understanding of Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies
* Experience developing mobile applications