- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a national large-scale research laboratory providing scientists from Sweden and the rest of the world with instruments for research in areas such as materials science, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually. 200 people are currently employed at the MAX IV Laboratory.
The MAX IV Controls and IT team (KITS) deliver solutions to the whole MAX IV organisation in the areas of control system hardware, controls software applications, infrastructure and networking, information management and scientific software. This is a dynamic and highly challenging environment and requires close collaboration with the staff in order to understand the needs and be effective in forming solutions. We are around 35 people in total who work in 5 domains in a well organised and agile way. We hold values of lean management, knowledge spread, user autonomy, continuous improvement and flexibility as guiding principles for our work.
There is an MAX IV X-ray nanoprobe beamline already in operation providing scientist with excellent coherent beams and several imaging beamlines under construction.
MAX IV is looking for a scientific software expert who as a member of MAX IV Controls and IT in a close cooperation with MAX IV imaging group will contribute to development and support of software for interpretation of imaging experiments including all imaging modalities present now and in future in MAX IV. The major responsibilities will be supporting software for MAX IV users including industry and beamline scientists, developing data processing pipelines, contributing to scientific software frameworks or exploring potential of cloud and collaborative data processing. As a part of MAX IV common services you will closely collaborate beside the beamline scientists and users, with HPC experts, with Nordic academic partners constituting MAX IV scientific software World and with other international scientific facilities. You will also be welcomed to participate in experiments in MAX IV imaging beamlines in order to connect IT experts with experimental scientists.
The successful candidate is expected mainly to be open to developing software and supporting data analysis for several synchrotron based imaging methods and must have the following qualifications:
- higher university degree in physics, physical chemistry, material science, mathematics, computer science or e-Sciences
- at least 3 years experience in data analysis from X-ray and synchrotron imaging experiments or a significant documented contribution to a development of scientific software project related to synchrotron imaging methods during 3 years
- 3 years experience with supporting data analysis for synchrotron or neutron scattering experiments
- documented scientific contribution to development of a related imaging method experience in Python scripting and programming
Merit will be given for the following qualifications:
- vision of future for user friendly analysis platform for imaging experiments
- PhD in the field related to X-ray imaging or diffraction techniques, computing or e-Sciences
- user and working experience from synchrotron, X-FEL or neutron user facility
- experience with synchrotron data processing pipelines
- good knowledge of programming languages from the C-family, Fortran or scientific computing environments as Matlab or R
- experience with GPU and FPGA computing
- excellent knowledge of HDF5 format and tools
On call services may apply in the future.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.