- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Full Stack Developer
The idea behind Barnebys was first conceived in 2011, when we realised how difficult it was to search and navigate the world of auctions and art. A query on the internet gave pretty much nothing, and certainly not access to the full art market.
In the autumn of 2011, we launched a test version of our online auction service in Sweden, and only a couple of months later most Scandinavian auction houses were available with a single search. It was revolutionary, and we've continued to affect the auction market ever since with our database of historical objects crossing 80 million recently.
We make the auctions around the world accessible and available to anyone, anywhere.
What have we done so far?
- We have 3000+ auction houses around the globe.
- On average, we have 800 000 objects on the site at any given moment.
- Our users are people from all around the world with a passion for auctions.
- Today we have 80 employees all around the world with a dedicated tech team of 6 in Stockholm, 4 in the US and 3 consultants.
What’s our next challenge?
We are moving away from a monolithic tech stack in PHP to a more modern modular React/redux/node stack. From before the summer, we have started to pull out core functionalities one by one from our current stack and rebuild it with new technologies.
The fun thing with auctions is that they are more complicated from a technical perspective than a typical e-commerce site. Auctions have way more stakeholders with different roles, reaps and contextual conditions like, priority of the bidding, house or seller fee, live update of prices, merging online and offline bids into a synchronized system real-time, etc.
You will be playing a critical part in our tech team.
We have started our great rebuild and your challenge as a React developer is to build our product in a more modular and modern way.
This will not only make our current product better (like implementing elastic search) but your component will shape the future of Barnebys worldwide.
Skills & Requirements
In order to thrive in this role:
- You have used webpack.
- You have experience building SaaS products.
If you have used Node.js and/or Redux, that is fantastic, but not a requirement.
What’s it like working here?
We are in a very exciting time. Here are some things that we think makes it fun to work here:
- Interesting journey in modern technology – We strive to be the tip of the arrow when it comes to tech – constantly try out new stuffs.
- Being master of our crafts - We motivate our team members to attend tech conferences and interesting training programs to be the best versions of ourselves we can be.
- No micro management. We believe in freedom with responsibility.
- Passionate colleagues. In our tech room, we work together and are always curious and passionate about the things we build.
- Social events. We have beer on Fridays and play floor ball (innebandy) every second week.
- Competitive Salary
In short, we work hard to create a culture and environment where every one of us eagerly wait for a Monday morning to come after every weekend!
Does this sound interesting? Click Apply and we’ll get in touch with you right away.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.