Do you like building great products? That’s what we’re doing here at Mynewsdesk. And we want more people with awesome skills to join our team! Right now, we are looking for a skilled Data Scientist to join our team in Stockholm!
The challenge? The PR industry stands before a paradigm shift where data driven approaches will determine the future of the industry. While in recent years marketing departments have become one of the most data driven departments of many organisations, the PR departments still have some catching up to do. Mynewsdesk is one of Europe’s leading PR platforms and we are ramping up our Data & Analytics team with the mission to bring the power of advanced data analytics to PR professionals. As a Data Scientist you will have a leading role in this exciting road ahead.
What is it like to work at Mynewsdesk? We offer a workplace where the development teams are working in close collaboration with product managers, designers and quite recently also our new Data & Analytics team. We share our knowledge and interests in cross-team meetings, internal conferences and lunch presentations. We love to learn and that’s why we have daily stand-ups, regular lab days and DevCorners all year round.
What's our stack? We are currently building a centralised data platform on Amazon Web Services and using technologies such as Spark and Python for analytics. Our applications are also using Solr, Redis, Postgres, Mysql, Elastic Search, Mongodb. Business data are stored in Marketo and Salesforce. We are using plenty of services but are currently in the process of simplifying our platform and stack.
What will you do?
- Have a leading role in developing user-facing machine learning and analytics features that will be used by thousands of clients and millions of end users
- Build machine learning and NLP features and work closely with Dev to deploy them to production
- Build predictive models and conduct analyses in order to increase the knowledge of Mynewsdesk users
- Set up pipelines for analytics and provide expertise within database and data pipeline design
- Draw conclusions and present your finding for non-technical people.
- Provide advice to Dev on product architecture from a data and analytics perspective
- Work very closely with Head of Data to understand and design solutions that fits our data needs
That is you!
- You have strong knowledge within Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- You are used to programming languages and tools such as Python, R, Scala, Hadoop, Apache Spark
- You have experience of working with AWS, Azure or other big data product stacks
- You have some data engineering knowledge and have worked with popular technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and products in the AWS stack such as Redshift, EMR and S3
- You may have a background in statistics or applied mathematics
- You are a doer that loves to get your hands dirty and getting things done
- You are always looking into new technologies and learn beyond your current set of expertise
- You are fluent in English
What’s in it for you?
- You will have a key role in developing the data driven features that will contribute to a more data-driven PR-industry
- An international work environment with offices and colleagues all over the world
- Collaboration with and continuous learning from experienced and enthusiastic teams
- Exciting projects, competitive salary, flexible work arrangements, regular team lunches and health allowances
Great, then please send us your application and we’ll take it from there.