At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Join our team in the development of the real-time, high-performance control system platform MACH (Modular Advanced Control for HVDC and FACTS). You will be part of the product group HVDC within Hitachi Energy in Ludvika/Västerås. The MACH platform is needed to connect offshore wind power, create synthetic inertia, connect energy systems over long distances and create a robust electricity grid prepared for the future.
We offer an exciting job in an international environment where you will get great possibilities to develop further within Hitachi Energy. We are looking for a software developer with 5-7 years of experience of software and system design. In our team, you will be working in experienced and knowledgeable cross-functional teams in an agile setup.
- Being involved in pre-study, design and development of cutting-edge technologies that enable the current and next generation of modular advanced control for HVDC (MACH).
- Developing and maintaining the MACH platform together with your highly competent colleagues.
- Working in one of several agile cross-functional teams (set up according to SAFe methodology).
- Further helping to develop the team’s skills within the areas of fieldbus communication, real-time operating systems, computer architecture, both by taking part in, and contributing to, our great talent pool.
- Working jointly with your team members to solve problems and find new solutions.
- Working closely with both internal and external customers in our projects.
- As an employee of Hitachi Energy you will be living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A M.Sc. or a B.Sc within Computer Science, Data Communications or similar field.
- Solid experience in C/C++ and knowledge in C#.
- You have a genuine interest in computers, programming and new technologies combined with experience from similar work.
- Good understanding of embedded technologies- digital signal processing, real-time operating systems and/or multi-core systems
- Experience in fieldbus communication protocols such as EtherCAT, CAN 2.0, CANopen, HDLC, TDM.
- Experience in debugging and root cause analysis of problems related to the above technologies.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python is an added advantage.
- Example of tools that we use that it is good that you have experience in Visual Studio and Git.
More about us
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before August 25! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
Recruiting Manager Isabelle Jäderblom, +46 107-38 05 87, [email protected], be happy to answer your questions regarding this position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 29 86; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +46 107-38 33 04; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12. All other questions should be directed to Lead recruiter Hanna Kontsu, [email protected].
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. http://www.hitachienergy.com