- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Why you want to be a Level Designer at Chief Rebel
We offer a platform for you to shape the player's journey through intricate dungeons, carefully designed layouts, and epic boss fights. This is an opportunity to make an impact by taking ownership of handcrafted levels of the game, guiding, and mentoring other level designers, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and leaving your mark on a stylized and imaginative game.
About the role
As a skilled Level Designer at Chief Rebel, you will be at the forefront of creating remarkable game levels. Your experience in level design, with a particular focus on layout, will be instrumental in shaping our gameplay experiences. Collaborating closely with the environment team, artists, animators, programmers, and game director, you will lead the charge in translating our visioned levels with great replayability. Your expertise in level design, storytelling, and player guidance will set the bar for excellence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking a leadership role in designing and building immersive levels in collaboration with Feature Teams.
- Developing onboarding elements, and tutorials to enhance the player experience.
- Applying UX principles to ensure exceptional player engagement and readability.
- Maintaining a satisfying flow and pacing throughout combat scenarios.
- Collaborating closely with the environment team to create cohesive aesthetics and ambiance.
- Make a significant impact on the overall appeal and impact of the game through your handcrafted levels.
To excel as a Level Designer at Chief Rebel, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Passion for cooperative gameplay and a solid understanding of MMOs, MOBAs, or A-RPGs.
- Extensive experience and expertise in level design, with a strong emphasis on fulfilling the player’s fantasy and guiding them through the experience.
- Proven track record in scripting, navmeshes, and lighting.
- Proficiency in developing onboarding elements and designing effective tutorials.
- Advanced knowledge of player engagement, pacing, and storytelling techniques.
- Keen attention to detail, ensuring exceptional readability and an immersive player experience.
- Previous experience in shipping games and a deep understanding of the game development process.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio.
About Chief Rebel
Chief Rebel is a game development studio located in Stockholm, Sweden. We make stylized games with deeply involving mechanics. http://www.chiefrebel.com (https://jobs.chiefrebel.com/jobs/www.chiefrebel.com)