At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) is a product group in Hitachi Energy, which develops, manufactures, and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. It is also used to connect power systems.
HVDC and the System Design (Engineering) department is at the beginning of its AI journey, and we are exploring AI/ML/BI possibilities. We recognize that AI has the potential to transform our industry, making it more efficient, sustainable, and environmentally friendly and at the same time to transform our business and create value for our employees and our customers. As we take our early steps into this journey, we are looking for a visionary leader to join our team and drive our AI initiatives to maturity together with different parts of the business.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead our company's and our engineering department’s AI journey. You will play a pivotal role in identifying areas where AI can be integrated effectively within our organization and take charge of the development and implementation of AI solutions to enhance our operations.
Work environment where all of us can be seen, respected, and belong. Let’s bring Diversity 360 to life where diversity + collaboration = great innovation.
This is a hybrid position. Candidate should be within close proximity to either the Ludvika or Västerås Hitachi Energy office.
- Assess and analyze existing processes and operations to identify opportunities for AI integration and automation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and align AI initiatives with strategic goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of AI and Machine Learning solutions.
- You have an Academic degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in AI and Machine Learning.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successful AI implementation.
- Solid understanding of query and compute engines, and data processing languages like SQL and Python.
- Strong business acumen and product-oriented thinking.
- Strong communication skills, with emphasis on being able convey technical topics to differing levels of understanding and work closely on common problems.
- Proficient in English since we operate on the global arena, Swedish is advantageous.
More about us
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before 8th of December! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!
Recruiting Manager Mattias Schollin, [email protected] will be happy to answer your questions regarding this position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Hjort, +46 107-38 29 86; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +46 107-38 33 04; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107-38 29 12. All other questions should be directed to Talent Partner Magnus Rönnholm, [email protected].