Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we're also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It's the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As a Principal engineer you’ll have a unique standing within the entire company, or indeed in the wider industry. You’ll be a go-to architect for far reaching systems, act as a respected voice of experience internally as well as externally. The principal engineer oversees a variety of projects from start to finish such as:
· Manage and oversee all the phases of technical projects, including research, development and design.
· Serve as an expert in their field of engineering, assisting less experienced team members throughout the course of a project.
· Meet with key stakeholders to discuss budgets, negotiate prices and develop a timeline.
· Act as a supervisor for their team, taking care of hiring, training and delegating work.
· Use strategic planning to create goals and implement them.
We believe you are someone that have:
· Excellent teamwork skills and an eagerness to reach goals in a collaborative manner
· Solid knowledge of modern C++ or Java
· Experience and a strong interest in helping to design gameplay as well as the underlying systems and implementing quality-focused technical solutions to make those systems work
· Solid knowledge of engineering practices
· The ability to work with large cross-platform codebases and legacy code
· Passion for learning and sharing knowledge with your team and the organisation
· A great interest in Minecraft
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We're always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we're also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it's filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it's the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you'll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!