Clean-energy tech leads to a positive global transformation. Heating homes contribute to 15% of Europe's CO2 emissions. Switching to sustainable solutions offers households a way to achieve net-zero emissions.
Aira's mission is to advance the next generation of home energy solutions, creating intelligent, sustainable homes for a meaningful impact. Starting with innovative heat pumps, it will evolve into a comprehensive, intelligent clean energy-tech system and include dynamic electrical tariffs, cutting-edge home solar systems, and advanced battery storage solutions.
Founded in 2022 with already 300 employees and growing, Aira aims to drive the clean energy revolution. We are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and our factory in Poland brings these innovations to life, with operating markets in the UK, Italy, and Germany.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be supporting the cloud infrastructure utilized by our developers to build the Aira product. Currently, we are establishing a new team with a main focus on creating integrations and business applications that bridge the gap between the various systems employed by our stakeholders and increase the level of automation in our
As a proactive partner, you will collaborate with others to facilitate the development of integrations and applications that streamline our operations. Your responsibilities will encompass the entire application lifecycle, starting from gathering information and requirements, all the way to designing, implementing, testing, and continuously enhancing
applications aimed at boosting efficiency and productivity.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop back-end integrations and applications, with a focus on maintainability and correctness.
- Develop internal tools to simplify manual interaction where needed.
- Actively collaborate with the business functions to understand their requirements and identify areas for improvement regarding efficiency and productivity.
- Collaboratively devise architectural design patterns and development strategies to enhance developer efficiency, prioritizing simplicity as a key principle.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the utilization of the integration solutions, making iterative improvements whenever necessary.
Having most of the following will be considered a plus:
- Experience as a backend developer, designing and constructing highly maintainable, modern
applications within an open-source tech stack, preferably
- Familiarity with DevOps principles,
including experience with CI/CD pipelines, automated deployment,
containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), and
infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Terraform).
- Experience with cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Experience with or interest in functional programming and strong types.
- Familiarity with or interest in architectural solutions.
What is in it for you at Aira?
- Gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing scale-up, with career advancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with diverse teams across international markets and launch products globally.
- Develop leadership skills and grow personally and professionally in an entrepreneurial-minded environment.
- Thrive in a dynamic, solution-oriented culture, tackling challenges and driving meaningful solutions.
- Influence the company's success, with a visible impact on product development and market growth.
- Enjoy our hybrid ways of working. Our office is in Central Stockholm (T-Centralen). We are growing fast and moving to a beautiful newly built office in Norra Stationsgatan 93 early next year.
Aira leads in the next generation the Energy as a Service, driven by our belief in the power of diversity to fuel innovation. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to join our team, united in our mission to create a better future for the society and planet.